Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umarex MP7 npas problem

Hi,

I have done a search of the forums and have not found an answer.

I have fitted the npas and the max fps I can get is 307fps with a .2g, and considering I use .25g in the gbbr's, it's just too low to use in the field.

Any ideas will be appreciated

Cheers
    WE M4 OB - GHK AKM - KWA MP7A1 GBB - G&G M4 16" Noveske Custom - Asia Electric M4 14.5" Larue Custom - S&T Tavor 21 - CA/G&P AK47 PMC - WE G19 - KJW G27

Mines 300fps with an NPAS. More people are recommending the Dangerwerx valves, not really an answer but you're not the only one having that problem.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Umarex MP7 npas problem

Cheers, was thinking of getting the power up silencer, see if I can find a middle ground using that.

Just for reference, what range do you get with 300fps, and is that with .2g?
      WE M4 OB - GHK AKM - KWA MP7A1 GBB - G&G M4 16" Noveske Custom - Asia Electric M4 14.5" Larue Custom - S&T Tavor 21 - CA/G&P AK47 PMC - WE G19 - KJW G27

Comment

I used to be a big fan of the NPAS for the MP7 with the Open bolt version being so good.

But lately they seem to have dropped the ball with QC, I personally had 3 from 3 different places and all were knackered out of the package.
        Dropped a Dangerwerx valve in and its sweet :D

Just to confirm, your getting 307fps with the NPAS fully closed? (Fully screwed together)
        If that's the case what was your FPS prior to fitting the NPAS?
        Usually just fitting the NPAS itself will give a drop in FPS because of the difference in size compared to the standard valve.

Personally I wouldn't go with the power up silencer as its just a barrel mated to your original barrel, there have been reports of other MP7 users getting shocking accuracy and or jams due to mismatches between the two barrels.

If it were mine I would go one of two ways depending on your original FPS figure.
        1) if it was originally over your site limits prior to fitting the NPAS I would whip out the NPAS and drop in a Dangerwerx valve, although not adjustable these give a fixed an constant drop in FPS.
        2) if you still want to go the power increase route and keep your NPAS I would drop a new tight bore in it, however this route may only increase your FPS by around 10-20 if your lucky.

Comment

I have a KWA MP7 with the NPAS right closed (for as much power as poss) with a tb barrel and falcon hop rubber. I get 295 fps with a .25g bb. so add 30 for the difference to a .2 325 fps.

There are reports of this happening a lot, i dont know what NPAS i have in mine as it was already fitted, but these figures were on propane, not green gas.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Hi

Cheers for the advice so far.

Yes I mean with the npas turned to give max fps. The original fps was about 370-380. I did think about trying to mod the valve to make it thinner, which allows more gas to pass.

I like the idea of a tightbore, all I'm after is 320-330 with the .25s.

I have just removed the back plate (the bit that turns) from the npas and reinstalled it, it's give me about an extra couple of fps and tried it on mapp and abbey brut gas with keeps the fps a little more consistent. The mp7 doesn't really like the mapp gas for some reason.

Does anyone know who still stock the dangerwerx valve, or is it a HK job?

Cheers

Comment

330 fps on a .25 bb translates to 360 fps ish so that makes it completely illegal.

All FPS should be measured on a .2g bb or with a chrono that can measure Energy with the bb's weight put in so its not over the 1J

Mine is 325 on a .2g bb and 295 on a .25

Dangerwerx valves are overseas jobs yeah, about $18 i think

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

The Dangerwerx valve is available in the UK but I know of only one retailer that stocks it.

Comment

To be fair mine was doing between 290-300fps as the mall which was on a bloody cold day. That was with green gas so not sure what it would be on a hot day with propane.
                  Tisane knows what he's talking about on this. Dangerwerx is a good way to go, I've not had a failure on my NPAS kits yet but the quality isn't great and they also started changing the adjustment screw hole on V2........but that's a different discussion so not sure why I mentioned it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Mine is 275 on 0.2g and its perfectly skirmishable. I run 0.28g on it aswell. Slow but range and accuracy is great.
                    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ca556 Find out more about ca556
                    Working...
                    X