Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK 3Px4 very low gas efficiency

Hi All,

My brother recently bought a brand new 3Px4 but it will only fire about 6-7 rounds before running out of gas, on propane or abby, and indoors or outdoors.
    I know this isn't normal behavior as this pistol does get good reviews, but everything is well oiled and running smoothly.

It isn't dumping gas, just totally running out!

Any suggestions welcomed!
    Rules
    I will ignore txt spk & people do not provide their real names. If I buy something from you, keep the money until I have checked its condition.
    For Sale:
    A load of stuff: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1309747

Re: HK 3Px4 very low gas efficiency

Are you sure you are filling the mags up to the top? I recently bought the marui version and was surprised how much gas it takes.

Comment

Fill it till you hear the gas stop. Then fill it again and then again. Hold the can vertically and pointing down.
      Is the little rubber seal inside the mag on the valve?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi Chaps,

Excellent to see someone checking the obvious first! Many people jump to the technical solutions first ;-)

But yes, I can reassure you its been filled as far as it will go!

Luke, to which seal do you refer? The one on the top of the mag? If so then yes, it is in place and it isn't obviously dumping gas out anywhere when firing!
        Rules
        I will ignore txt spk & people do not provide their real names. If I buy something from you, keep the money until I have checked its condition.
        For Sale:

Comment

Nope. The one on the inlet valve. You could always try the mag in another pistol if any of your mates has the same or the tm as I think the mags are compatible.

Comment

Hi Luke,

Something that would be stopping the mag filling correctly?
            It seems to be filling fine as I can hear the pressure equalize between the can and the mag, confirmed when trying to fill it again as nothing happens.

Unfortunately I literally just sold my TM PX4!
            Rules
            For Sale:

Comment

Is the mag warm? It's pretty chilly out and most pistols will suffer! (Even though my WE 226 in metal fully cycles whereas my plastic TM doesn't...)
              IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Nah its just the seal for when your filling. If it was missing youd probably hear/see it pissing out as you fill. They go awol a lot though.

Comment

Hi Guys,

yep tried it inside so its nice and warm!
                  Also no leaking from anywhere at all, I wish it was that obvious!
                  Rules
                  For Sale:

Comment

Sounds like all the obvious has been suggested and tried so only taking things apart would be the next step and that would void warranty if it has any.
                    If its been well lubed and its new then I would talk to the retailer before they give you some BS that its your fault etc....

Comment

Got there in the end... Just needed the mag taking out and re inserting about 30 times until 'wore in' and got a snug seal!
                      Rules
                      For Sale:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

serioussniper Find out more about serioussniper
                      Working...
                      X