Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA/KSC Glock 17 - Cycling Issue

Hi guys

Looking for a bit of advice on what might be wrong with my Glock. It was working fine a couple of days ago but my mags were leaking. I have now replaced the seals in the mags and lubed them etc and they now are pretty much as they should be.

Once I had done this, I had order the MAG replacement spring set as I bent the springs for the feeding nozzle. After replacing these I decided I would put the rest of the springs to use in the hammer area. Once dissembling and reassembling with the new springs I have the following problem; the gun attempts to make a cycle, blowing back but then it does not come forward and the gas from the mag is released.

After some testing I figured the the little piece (part 81 on the KWA diagram for G17) is not clicking down all the way although it does reset the valve striker (part 78) as it should.

The problem is not directly apparent to me so I have described the best I can to explain my situation. If anyone could give any advice or needs some more information please do get in touch, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Daniel

sigpic

Re: KWA/KSC Glock 17 - Cycling Issue

Is the gun blowing back fully?

If so, have you fitted mag shims? If it's not returning to battery that's a potential cause. Another cause is that you bent the bbu springs (again).
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Sometimes it does fully blow back, sometimes it doesn't but almost. I have checked the springs and they are in perfect condition and I have not bent them. The piece I mentioned before seems to be the most obvious issue at this time (part 81) as it does not catch down as it should (it used to, just doesn't now).

sigpic

Comment

Has the spring (pt79) become detached? I changed my hammer spring a couple of days ago and noticed this spring was "just" hanging on to the valve hammer (pt78).
        May be worth checking mate.

Comment

I have checked this and doesn't seem to be the issue. I realised yesterday that the sear spring was the the wrong way round but I have changed this but doesn't seem to have had much effect.

I have come to realise that the slide does not rack when the trigger is pulled, it seems that there is a lot of friction between the hammer itself (p94) and part 19 in the upper slide. It's fine doing manually but I can feel the pull.

sigpic

Comment

Well you are recocking the hammer when you do that - check to see if part 19 is broken

Comment

Part 19 is not broken no. I know this is when the hammer is cocked, but if it is already cocked, there still seems to be additional friction than there should be.

sigpic

Comment

There will always be a bit as part 19 still engages with the hammer as it has to push the hammer down past the sear when cocking it.

Comment

Fair enough. I'm really baffled as to what the issue is. Like I've said, all I've done is change the hammer spring and sear spring and now it doesn't work :/ I've even tried putting the old springs back in but had no luck. Whatever the issue is, it has to be simple, I don't know :/

sigpic

Comment

Try this - take the slide off and place your thumb over the hammer - squeeze the trigger and let the hammer up - see if you can feel it snagging on anything. If it seems to be snagging it may be catching on the trigger connector bar - if that's the case you need to replace it - the snagging is removing force that would be used to open the mag's valves.

Have you been letting the hammer forward without slowing it with your thumb whilst the slide was off?

Comment

ok photos of the hammer unit please as we are working blind here and irs not helping

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Reassemble it with original spring. Then let us know if you still have the problem.

Comment

now i have had this sort of issue with my 18c's are you sure you have re assembled the hammer unit correctly? have you bent part 92?(trigger bar) . has the hammer spring fallen of the leadge of the hammer case? is the impact hammer spring attached to the fireing sear? or has it fallen off. if part 92 (trigger bar) is bent inwards towards the center of the unit it will miss the reset cam on he slide so you have to bend it back.

like i said photos of the unit will help immensly.

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Forei:

Originally posted by Hulse17 View Post
                            Fair enough. I'm really baffled as to what the issue is. Like I've said, all I've done is change the hammer spring and sear spring and now it doesn't work :/ I've even tried putting the old springs back in but had no luck. Whatever the issue is, it has to be simple, I don't know :/

Comment

Thanks everyone for your advice and assistance. I understand your frustration as I am trying to describe my problem in just words. I am not home right now but tomorrow I will take the time to take some pictures and record some video and post them in. Thanks for your patience.

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hulse17 Find out more about Hulse17
                              Working...
                              X