making a we 1911 more gas efficient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a we 1911 more gas efficient

well sometimes i can only get about 5 or 6 rounds off before my gun vents all its gas. is there anyway to stop it from doing this? the odd time i can nearly get a full 15 rounds fired. but very rarely. thanks in advance
    sigpic

Re: making a we 1911 more gas efficient

Are you using it in a cold environment? That can have an effect on gas consumption and with the poor weather in the UK recently it's ridiculously cold.

Comment

buy my tm 1911 and you wont have this problem

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-40rd-mag-Mint

edit: btw 6rds sounds like you might have a problem that isn't the cold, check and see if the nozzle in you BBH is moving properly and clean plus re lube with silicone spray

Comment

all cleaned and lubed. shooting around 9-11 bb's now

- - - Updated - - -

also i tend to just after filling the mag with gas ,stick it inside my glove to warm it up this helps a bit dosent it
        sigpic

Comment

Have a quick google search for 'Laser cut magazine shims'. They sit under the gas router, and push it up further so it's in better contact with the blowback chamber. Gives a slight FPS boost, and (for my gun anyway) improved efficiency. The recoil is a bit crisper too!

Comment

what ones did you use? the tm 1911a1 ones? what gun do you have?
            sigpic

Comment

I had these shims, did the sum of f**k all. Had 6 mags, all gas tight, room temp and filled the same. 3 with shims, 3 without. FPS tested each mag, not even a 2 fps difference. All had the same average from 10 shots. All they do is press the gas router harder to the nozzle, only really an idea if your routers or mag catch is worn away.

But with WE stuff, the mags suffer massively with cold. Even warm ish they suffer. I found cutting the hammer spring down helps, and the recoil spring too, less tension on the slide. Helps with gas consumption.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

i agree with the guy above.

i still have them gathering dust....they are worthless and off spec

lucky if you can even get them to fit

Comment

I have them in a WE hi capa. They made it better, however I have tried them in other pistols, and they wern't as effective. I'm guessing it's to do with the fit and finish of WE's older stuff.

Comment

Another -1 for mag shims from me - my KSC Glock wouldnt return to battery with them fitted...

Is your WE 1911 single or double stack?
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

It's a 1911, it'll be single stack.

The shims really for do very much. You'd be better off with products like nine balls gas routers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seanycozzie24v Find out more about seanycozzie24v
                      Working...
                      X