Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Marushin Anaconda- Got 'oles in me barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marushin Anaconda- Got 'oles in me barrel?

Just stripping my anaconda to try and suss out the accuracy issues I'm having. Well the barrel is scratched to buggery internally, and the hop contact patch is missing- grub screw to BB contact don't make for great hop :p Those can be fixed though.

Just noticed, this is the first time I've stripped it down this far, that the barrel has two holes drilled about a third of the way down it. Anyone have a clue why? They don't help locate anything and they're outside of the sealed hop unit. I reckon they'll be adding a feck load of turbulence and innacuracy into the mix. Any reason I can't just plug them?
    Buy my stuff!

Re: Marushin Anaconda- Got 'oles in me barrel?

Possibly a version of barrel porting/pressure release?

If the bb still has 2/3 of the barrel left to travel, then I doubt it will be the biggest problem accuracy wise (assuming there are no internal burrs).

Before you fix the other issues, try sealing the holes and test if it makes any difference.
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Re: Marushin Anaconda- Got 'oles in me barrel?

Hmm, that's a thought. It fires at a decent fps already for a fat 8mm BB, so I think I'll leave them open on the off chance I could bump it up to nasty power levels.

Buffed out the scratches in the barrel and polished it up, and I've cut down an AEG rubber for the nub section and fitted that, fingers crossed it works!
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Phatvortex Find out more about Phatvortex
      Working...
      X