Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G's GBBR M4 Raider Upgrades & Internals

Hi All,

I'm just wanting some advice, i have recently purchased an M4 Raider GBBR By G&G, Not bad piece of kit, quiet nice for the price, of course
    not the best thing money can buy, but great for a GBBR Starter..

My question is, Would i be able to upgrade it to become more Reliable & Punchier in the Kick?

Also, would i be able to make it open bolt, sadly its a Closed bolt and dosn't lock on Empty..

But of course, the main question is of course the upgrade Parts, (Suppressors, Triggers, Bolts, Hammers, Springs, Barrels, Rails, Stocks) Anything to give it little more Edge..

Thanks Ever So Much!,

Re: G&G's GBBR M4 Raider Upgrades & Internals

All guns, no matter the price can be upgraded to give better performance and looks, the real question is knowledge to be able to do it. If you don't feel confident the best bet is to take it to a tech and have them do some upgrades. Another way is to watch videos on youtube, there is quite a lot of people showing how to do things and as long as you have the patience you can start to learn how to do things yourself.
    Start out with barrels and hop up units and work your way up to cracking open the mech box. If you don't have the knowledge then don't jump in with both feet and start trying to change things in the mech box or you might end up ruining your gun.

It may be a good idea to use it stock for a while and find out what you don't like about it and what aspects you would want to improve.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful but I don't really know what it is you don't like about your gun.
    My Latest video

Comment

Thanks for your help, But its a GBBR So No "MECH BOX", Not Keen on AEG's..

And not such a problem or a dislike, just a general upgrade to make it more reliable as stock is never the best thing to have...

And yes, been hunting around and found nothing for my G&G Rifle, Didly Squat.

Thanks for your help though...

Comment

Yep, sorry, should have noticed you mentioned gas blow back. I'm afraid I'm not an expert on gas guns as I've never owned one so maybe someone else will be able to help you more.
        My Latest video

Comment

Ahhhh Fair Enough, Well thanks Anyways salazar

Comment

It's just an eag with a gas powered gearbox inside it rather then a gearbox.
            What this means is that the hop unit and berrel are exactly the same as any other aeg. And all the standard barrel and hop upgrade are available to you.
            There won't be any upgrades for the 'gas box' unless g&g make them, as its a unique system.
            For all intent and purpose, it's not a proper gas blow back rifle, so stuff like making it open bolt, bolt stoping when mag is empty etc, isn't possible.
            For Sale!
            TM M870 with a load of stuff
            A&K massada sniper spec
            Chronograph
            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Ahhh Nice one, thanks for your help man, Total shame , Ok, that clears that up, One thing that has been bothering me, where the hell would i get "Standard" internals then? like Barrel Upgrades, like "Madbull" which has been mentioned alot?

been hunting, Either Non existent or out of stock.

Comment

Pretty much any retailer will have these upgrades. Just type upgraded m4 hop unit into google.
                Same with the barrel and hop rubbers.
                Mad bull 3in1 unit comes with a mad bull blue rubber, and works best with the mad up black python tight bore. For a m4 carbine you will want 360mm or so in length
                For Sale!
                TM M870 with a load of stuff
                A&K massada sniper spec
                Chronograph
                leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
                  It's just an eag with a gas powered gearbox inside it rather then a gearbox
                  Correct...........BUT

What this means is that the hop unit and berrel are exactly the same as any other aeg. And all the standard barrel and hop upgrade are available to you.
                  It does not use a regular AEG type Hop-up unit. It uses a proprietary one that comes with the GBB kit. Barrels and rubbers are AEG spec though.

There won't be any upgrades for the 'gas box' unless g&g make them, as its a unique system
                  Except G&G don't actually make these. It's GHK that produce these. There are spare loading nozzles and chambers plus hop-up units available though, if you look for them - and I know where I can get replacement recoil springs manufactured in order to alter the cyclic rate.

For all intent and purpose, it's not a proper gas blow back rifle, so stuff like making it open bolt, bolt stoping when mag is empty etc, isn't possible.
                  Depends what you define as a "proper" gas blowback rifle? Mind you, "open bolt" and "closed bolt" mean different things to the definition applied to WE guns anyways.

Comment

Not sure how that helps me, but interesting information anyways, And where would you obtain said Parts & Upgrades?

So GHK Has Upgradable Parts?

Comment

I didn't say upgrades, i said spare parts (which you definitely need to be able to source when it comes to GBB's!). Due to the T&C's of this forum, I can't state the name of the retailer, however, Google will find it with a little bit of effort

Comment

Ahhh Gotcha, And okies, no chance of PM'ing it, All ive found is American based websites, even those are out of stock.. lool..

xD

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stan464 Well, im just me, Love Airsoft, Music, Gaming, Friends, Usual Stuff :) Find out more about Stan464
                        Working...
                        X