Tanaka Revolver Hop Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka Revolver Hop Rubber

I've just got myself a Tanaka Umbrella 8 Inch revolver and its hooking the bb's off the left quite badly - I've (eventually) got the barrel and hop out and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it, when in the gun it lines up properly so I cant undrstand why?

Does anyone know have any ideas what could be the problem could be / how to fix it?
    Also if needs be where can I get a replacement Hop rubber from? I've found barrels but no Hop rubbers anywhere - and no, ZeroOne dont stock anything Tanaka.

Thanks
    Thingy

Re: Tanaka Revolver Hop Rubber

Its the cylinder timing .Use it double action and manualy correct the cylinder to the barrel with each shot ,unfortunately this is often an issue with old tanaka revolvers.

Comment

ahh bugger, anyway to fix this? there isnt enough movement in the cylinder to manually correct it every shot

Comment

theres no play in the cylinder what so ever? Its generaly down to wear on the teeth on the cylinder or the peice that pushes the cylinder theres little you can do. If the cylinder lock is fully enguaging it should shoot straight but sometimes you may even find a little play in that.

Comment

i think u just got a pup. think you should cut ur losses and sell it to me... just saying...

seriously though, how bad is it?
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Theres so little play in the cylinder it doesnt make any difference - i've uploaded this video to show the problem, you can just about see the bbs going left - it doesnt look as bad on the video
            (the bang at the end is the hard case falling on the floor XD)

Sorry about the shitty video size, its quite hard to do everything one handed

Comment

shoot gangster, lefthanded?
              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

That is all the play thats needed to cause this effect ,it essentialy hops off the side of the barrel. I see one go straight and one swing to the right too .This is common when using it double action (sorry mean't to say single action on my previous post). I skirmish my tanaka and I always use it single action for this exact reason.

Comment

Is there anywhere I can source the parts from? Nowhere seems to sell tanaka parts other than rifle hop's, im wondering if email some of the hk retailers they could order them?

Comment

not realy, and your unlikely to get anything out of tanaka. Good luck bud.

Comment

Damn :\
                      gonna have to try source a cheap / broken revolver from somwhere to butcher then

Comment

but the problem with that is your likely to pick up more worn parts

Comment

yeah that was the worry, hopefully one will turn off with the barrel snapped off for something

Comment

There can be several problems with the general tanaka design that causes inaccuracy, If you shine a torch down the barrel of the revolvers you can see the gas valve. On a lot of the revolvers partically the older models the valve isn`t usually in the middle. Also the rubber parts that the bbs sit into can get get rough so if a little bit of the rubber is touching the bb it can apply unwanted hop effect in various directions which can cause wild hooking.

For the first problem you can try to centre the hole by drilling out the hole and fitting a bigger o ring, for the second you can dissassemble the cylinder take out the rubber bits and trim any excess bits of ragged rubber. Although the easiest way to compensate for the inaccuracies is to just use heavyweight bbs.

Comment

You could try r hoping it, see if that stabalises the flight.
                              I've just converted a Ruger Superhawk I got in trade to a cut down aeg barrel with an r hop fitted, it's a bit of a beast.
                              Prior to that the bb's went everywhere :s though that's probably due to the fact it had no hop at all lol
                              G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
                              -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thingy I like guns me Find out more about Thingy
                              Working...
                              X