Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G17 issues

hi guys,

i just thought i would post this up as i am finding it hard to get any answers through google.

ive had my TM G17 for about a month now, ive not skirmished it yet, but im finding it really difficult to empty a full mag at 2second burst. when i got the gun, it was snowing so i just thought the temperature might have something to do with it but now its warmed up a bit, its still doing it, i am using the recommended 144a gas. I am finding that after 2 rounds, i am having to rack the slide back in order for it to feed another BB in but then it seems to be double feeding.

just to add also, when i do rack the gun back im finding that it wont slide all the way forward again on its own steam. Ive taken the slide off and to my knowledge i cant see anything that could be causing this.

any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Chris

Re: TM G17 issues

Interesting issue. I'd recommend using abbey 134a gun gas and make sure its lubed up properly using silcone oil. My Glock has no issue what so ever :S . rack it back and forth several times to make sure that the slide and frame have no dirt etc. between them?

Comment

yeah ive racked it back and forth several times the slide can sometimes stick about 2 thirds on its way back. ive just warmed the mag up and put 10 bb's in to give it another go, ive filled it by doing the 5 and 5 and by the 10th BB it seems to be out of gas, im just wondering if i have a dodgy mag. This is my first pistol so everything is new to me at the minute. thanks for the reply.

Comment

hmmmm. have you filled it up with enough gas? I know it may sound stupid but make sure you hold the mag upside down while filling it. Is it two tone by any chance?

Comment

i had the same issues with my glock, the problem with having to rack the slide after a few shots is due to the weak power of the gas and or low temperatures. i now use 144a when its hot, 134a when its cold ish, and green gas when its bloody freezing.

The problems with the slide not returning under its own power (spring) can be made better by installing a stiffer recoil spring or thorough cleaning and lubing of all contact points between the slide and the frame.

Hope this helps.
          Surrounded? You mean we can attack in all directions!!!

Comment

I had the same problem with my WE glock which is sort of the same as a TM one, but i found out that i was not caring for it properly so i spent like £6 on some Abbey silicone gun oil and spray and found that it works much better and the slide does not jam. If the gun does not go through a whole mag i would go back to the shop you bought it from and if anything is wrong with it it should be covered under its warenty.

Comment

Dump the 144a and just use green gas. I dont use anything but green gas and propane in any of my guns because its just too cold here for it. Only time i changed was in the height of summer, and i used abbey ultra gas, which is the Zero one gas (which is fantastically priced btw)

Also, almost all Glocks don't return properly, get some silicone oil with ptfe in it and place a tiny bit on the rails, its makes the gun super smooth running and get a 120% recoil spring in there.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

you might need a new nozzle. take a picture of it and upload it to this forum.
                this part
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply's guys, its much appreciated.

I managed to get it sorted a few nights ago, I tried a different mag and it worked like a dream. I was advised to send the mag back but after taking out the release valve and lubing it up it seems to have sorted it :-)

I deffo need to go down the route of how to give it some proper TLC.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Calv1987 Find out more about Calv1987
                  Working...
                  X