Filling gas mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling gas mags

So i've been airsofting for 6 years and have owned many gas guns but recently I dont seem to be able to fill the mags properly! The issue is with 3 WE guns, a Sig 228, Browning HP and XM177 GBBr. I can get enough gas in to the pistols for maybe 4 shots and enough into the XM for half a mag, i'm using 4 different cans of gas, 2 guarder and 2 abbey to eliminate any issue with any particular can. All guns and mags are new and I have no problem filling my TM 1911 with the same gas, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Re: Filling gas mags

You are filling them upside down, right?

Comment

I've tried every way.
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Try several 2 second blasts.

Comment

ive had problems with some of my mags too from certain guns, ive found one solution which i have not tried on all the problem mags,and that is to transfer the gas into one of those portable grenade type gas cannisters
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Weird you should bring this up since I considered posting about this the other day. I own 4 pistols and an MP7 by KWA and KSC.
            I have always had issues filling them in cold and hot weather with both Ultra gas, brut and propane with an adapter.

They are all silent fill valves but I can hold the can on for ages with no indication that the mags are filling or full. Either way none of the mags shoot more than half a mag. The gas is also not escaping either, it just sits on the valve doing nothing no matter how much or little pressure I put on it.
            sigpic

Comment

thats exactley the problem i have,it seems to be filling,but never gets full,and it fires 3 or 4 shots and then nothing,it doesnt matter if you hold it on forever or do little spurtz
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Had the same issue a few months back. Things I found that helped......

Fill the mag, if its a silent fill valve you should hear the gas leaving the can for about 6-7seconds, if it stops after 2-3 , vent the mag and refill. I know that your not supposed to vent mags ( but I do ) so empty it by dry firing. This should bring your mag temp down to the same as your gas.

I also find that keeping the flow valve pressed for about half a second at the start of the fill helps pressure displacement. I seem to get a full fill every time doing it this way.

Also, keep your gas can wrapped up in a towel or jumper when outside.

Hope this works for you.
                " Brother Maynard!, bring up the Holy Hand Grenade! "

Comment

Thanks everyone, think i've got a workable method now. I realise now that the reason i've only had these issues recently is because up until recently I only used TM pistols and they seem to be hassle free in this respect.

Comment

Which method worked on your non tm mags?
                    sigpic

Comment

well as tisane said short bursts fill it best, try it on a see through disposable lighter it works very well. the other method of temperature difference works well to, its similar to the methods used to fill colman cans ( can goes in freezer and filling can goes in warm water bath to warm it up). i suspect the quick blast ten purge of the mags fill chamber is useful as it clears the "air contaminants " out of it so its will b e more propane atmosphere than anything else.....i guess.

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

So i'm back to square one, i've also got a KWA Sig doing this too, only the TM fills every time, the others play ball occasionally but usually only enough for a few shots no matter what I do!

Comment

Sounds a bit weird that all the ones that are playing up are silent full valves.
                          And different make silent full valves at that.

Have you tried pushing the flow valve in for a split second as you start to fill?

You could possibly put a TM non silent fill valve in the WE magazine and try that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                          Working...
                          X