Maintainance of GBB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintainance of GBB's

As by my name im am really new to airsoft, so plz cut some slack. i am think of getting the TM 5-7 but im am unsure on how i would clean and lube it. i understand that silicon oil cant be used for metal to metal but ballistol can (am i right??) so what exacly can i use to clean the barrel, hop-up, slide, lower reciver and mag??????

Re: Maintainance of GBB's

If you still have the option to edit the post, delete the retailers name buddy.... This forum is an interactive advert for Zero One and they take a dim view on other retailers getting free advertising!

There are a number of greases available off the shelf from all retailers buddy. And various people prefer different brands. The gun tech at the shop you mentioned is very accomplished and I am sure he will be able to sort you out.

Comment

so i should message the retailer?? thx 4 advice

Comment

Yeah. Just explain to them what you have said here and they'll look after you.

A small amount of grease goes a very long way. A small pot might seem expensive (between £5 and £10) but it will potentially last a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
          Yeah. Just explain to them what you have said here and they'll look after you.

A small amount of grease goes a very long way. A small pot might seem expensive (between £5 and £10) but it will potentially last a couple of years.
          thx for your help i'll see to it now :D

Comment

I recently stripped my glock down and de(silicone)greased it, now running the slide/mechanisms of that with standard machine oil, with the bits that touch the bb/inner barrel/hop rubber still using silicone, and good lord, it fires harder, is more efficient and wear has dropped off massively.

This was based on your advice about silicone Loki - thankyou sir!

I'm getting a bottle of froglube for my birthday so I'm gonna switch it to that and wait for the magic to happen
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

noobmaster Find out more about noobmaster
            Working...
            X