Hi-Capa 5.1 slide not locking back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Capa 5.1 slide not locking back

Hi, so I have a KJW hi-capa 5.1, and from day 1 the slide hasnt been locking back when empty. If I rack the slide back with an empty mag it stays back, but if Im firing it and I empty the mag it doesnt lock back. No big deal I know, but its nice to know when youve used up all your shots. I have a TM and KJW magazine and the problem happens with both mags. How do I fix it?
    Cheers

Re: Hi-Capa 5.1 slide not locking back

Does it lock back if you gas up a fresh mag, load it into a cocked gun with no rounds in the mag and pull the trigger?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The problem is most likely cycling spee related. The kjw had quite a heavy slide, with some strong springs holding it in place.

I would first off remove the harder recoil spring, and put in a standard marui one. Leave the hammer spring alone, and see if it resolves your issue

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
        Does it lock back if you gas up a fresh mag, load it into a cocked gun with no rounds in the mag and pull the trigger?
        Yes it does but only if there are no bbs in the mag. Just tried it with a freshly gassed mag and 5 bbs in the mag and it still doesnt lock back so its not that theres not enough gas left to push the slide back far enough. Changed the hard hammer and recoil springs for the standard one and the problem is still there.

Comment

I said leave the hammer spring alone it's only the recoil spring that will affect this issue.

If that's te case, and it's firing from a loaded mag and still not lockin back, then the bumper for the slide release has worn down, or is not pushing up the lever hard enough

Comment

Well I shot it at some cans earlier in the garden and the slide actually locked back after a full mag. So now i dont think theres actually anything wrong with it lol, could it be like you said, a heavy slide? Maybe because today was a lot warmer than other days Ive shot it the gas was more effective and forced the slide further back locking it in place? I dunno lol.

Comment

Try lubricating the slide catch.
              It might be a bit too stiff for the magazine spring to push up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ShooterSwizz Find out more about ShooterSwizz
              Working...
              X