Hi capa hammer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi capa hammer problem

Hi, so I fixed the other problem I had with my hi-capa disconnector by taking the frame apart and just taking everything out, lubing, and replacing very carefully (airsoft pistols are so fiddly lol). But now another problem has come up and thats the hammer getting caught on the underside of the blowback unit when I fire it or pull the slide back. I had this problem when I first got the pistol, and filed the hammer and a teenie bit off the BBU which fixed it. But Ive read that if you file too much off the hammer then the sears wont engage. I dont really want to file any more off as I think its already had a fair bit done to it, so whats the solution guys? Do I need a new hammer - not a problem forking out for one - or have I not put something back right? This pistol has been nothing but trouble from the start lol, but Im hoping that this is the last fault I have with it.
    Cheers!!!

Re: Hi capa hammer problem

Does the hammer lock back by thumbing it? Is it actually engaging on the sears?

Comment

No he means the hammer is getting stuck on the slide (bbu)
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

And that's why I asked if it engages when thumbed back! If it does then it's possible it's the 3 pronged leaf spring that's not tensioned correctly! If it doesn't then it could be a sear problem!
        It wasn't a dumb question! Just a dumb answer lol

Comment

No no fair enough. I wasnt aware that those parts could cause it
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

It should be rubbing on the underside of the blowback unit! That lump at the rear underside of it is what cocks the hammer back properly!!

Comment

Just spoken to mr. cripps and he has told me that it could be the change of gas? Apparantly a certain brand I have bought is not very good, and he recommended me to use the Guarder power up gas instead. Could this be the problem as he also said the slide on the KJW hi-capas is quite heavy.

Comment

As above, it's the bottom of the BBU that cocks the hammer and resets the disconnector! So what gas were you using? Surely green gas is powerful enough to fire a KJW?

Comment

The problem is that the hammer gets stuck on the BBU, and the slide then sticks on the hammer, which then doesnt let the slide return forward. I have to get my finger in the small gap between hammer and slide and push the hammer down a little bit to allow the slide to return. I was using green gas from the zeroin shop in Poole.
                  Anyway, Ive ordered an airsoft surgeon BBU, new leaf spring and Mike even threw in a new hammer for free. Ill let you know if putting the new BBU, leaf spring and hammer fixes the problem when it arrives tomorrow.

Comment

Has the hammer been replaced?
                    I found KJW hammers were slightly off spec to TM, I had the same issue with a KJW hammer on a TM hicapa, mine was easily solved by shaving a bit off the hammer.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      Has the hammer been replaced?
                      I found KJW hammers were slightly off spec to TM, I had the same issue with a KJW hammer on a TM hicapa, mine was easily solved by shaving a bit off the hammer.
                      No its the stock hammer. I had this problem before that was solved by filing a tiny bit off the hammer, but its started to get stuck on the underside of the BBU again. Mike is sending me a stock TM hammer due tomorrow so Ill let you know if that fixes it.

Comment

Ds you change the recoil spring? The stock kjw is about the same as a 180% marui spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          Ds you change the recoil spring? The stock kjw is about the same as a 180% marui spring.
                          Why the massive difference? I thought it would have been a 100% spring with each pistol?
                          And Ive got a 150% Guarder spring but its not installed.

Comment

No, as its a metal slide, and a heavy one at that, KJW needed to stick a stronger spring in to bring the slide back with enough force for it to be half decent. Unfortunately that means that it also uses more gas and struggles to shoot properly given any sort of problems. But thats not what the problem is.

It sounds like theres some form of friction/rubbing thats stopping your slide returning to battery. It always looks like its the hammer causing it, but thats just where theres just too much friction. Usually it would just push through the resistance of the hammer, but as its already rubbing, and travelling aainst something, then it stops at that point. Id have a closer look at the slide itself!

Comment

Take out the bbu, then remove the piston head and the other part that's held in with a small cross head screw (kjw might not have this) then you see the back of the bbu where it stops and the lip is that presses the hammer, well that edge that goes into the bbu that the nozzle will sit in needs to be filed to a sloped edge instead of a right angle. Hence the hammer stopping the slide going right forward. Kind of like making a slope for it go press the hammer back down and return smoother rather than just smashing the hammer to pieces in the process like it has done.

I just did this to a friends kjw co2 meu.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ShooterSwizz Find out more about ShooterSwizz
                              Working...
                              X