KWA g18 fire selector stuck on full auto and safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWA g18 fire selector stuck on full auto and safe

Sorry to threadjack, but kind of related. My G23 occasionally sticks in FA despite selector being at semi. From what ive found, one of the springs [262] is damaged (mine has one either end of part [261]). Any idea where i may get replacements from?

Comment

Originally posted by arrkon View Post
      Sorry to threadjack, but kind of related. My G23 occasionally sticks in FA despite selector being at semi. From what ive found, one of the springs [262] is damaged (mine has one either end of part [261]). Any idea where i may get replacements from?

normaly only one spring is in there.

a few things can go wrong in the train of things but the bigest problem i have found that results in the auto in semi problem is

the trigger bar (part 92) bending at the trigger end. it bends backwards a few degrese and it can no longer depress far enugh for the cam at yhe other end to click the thingy that hold the hammer. well thats what i fould in most of my ones i have repaired. i'll dig out the other guide for that one in a bit.

other difrnces in the 23f to the 18c is the mammer reseter hook thinggy insted of being long and curved on the bottom its a pointy tiangle shape. not sure if thats for green gas or japan standard. but from the kwa pic it looks like they all have it.

just for another refrence.

kwa 23f diagram:

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I installed a spring either end of 261 just as it makes it more reliable/the part sits square in the gun, not wonky.

The problem your having is due to wear on part 261 - it is responsible for knocking the trigger bar off the sear when put in semi auto mode, meaning that the semi auto sear holds the hammer back. When switched to full auto this moves into the slide, meaning that the trigger bar holds the sear firmly open, allowing the hammer to release every time the slide returns to battery.

To fix it place (with superglue) a thin shim of plasticard (no more than .5mm, or you'll get semi auto no matter where the selector is) or something like that on the flat of 261 that interacts with 260.

261 will operate correctly with only one spring so I wouldn't worry too much mate
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Right a quick update on this, i bought an M2 x 10 grub screw but it still wouldn't lock down!
          I then tried an M2 x 12 cap head bolt and this locks down very tightly, result!
          Obviously the head of the bolt sticks out of the top of the slide so i carefully drilled the sight and put the bolt through it, this has the added advantage that I can tighten it without removing the sight and it keeps the sight nice and secure!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh nearly forget to say selector switch is rock solid now
          BB magnet since 2002

Comment

Quick update on mine.

Damn rocket valve is in three pieces. Anyone have or know where I can get a replacement? Prefer metal upgrade if possible.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Not here. Shooters design make an aluminium one, google it.

Sent from outer space
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Edited due to forum rules

I actually recived one this week for my Glock 19, takes around a week to arrive, i've ordered several things from them and all good!
                QUOTE=arrkon;1238981]Quick update on mine.

Damn rocket valve is in three pieces. Anyone have or know where I can get a replacement? Prefer metal upgrade if possible.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]
                Last edited by Scottiee; 16 November, 2013, 10:55.
                BB magnet since 2002

Comment

Wgats tgat nevet heard of anything other than our overlords at zero one

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guyhollman Find out more about guyhollman
                  Working...
                  X