KSC usp compact slide sticks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC usp compact slide sticks.

As above I have a usp on which the slide sticks more often than not.

Having seen a post in the sales thread about having filed the mag lips down to accomadate a guarder slide I was wondering if this is a similar problem.

Can anyone shed any light on the situation for me?

I am reluctant to go ahead and start sanding.

She is regularly lubed and cleaned (I'm quite anal about it).

I also took some emery paper to the slide runners as they were a little pitted.

Thanks in advance, Mark.

Re: KSC usp compact slide sticks.

Is the slide aftermarket? I had problems when I fitted a g&p stainless slide to my compact, an upgrade recoil spring and some pcp air-rifle silicone paste (note not oil) designed for charged cylinders solved it. I was using KWA mags which appear slightly narrower.

Comment

If it's the stock abs slide, then it could just be the cold. I would recommend getting a metal slide, as I found with mine, the plastic slide would 'grip' the plastic body, whereas the metal tended to be a bit more fluid.
      www.dartmoorrangers.co.uk
      Everyone goes on about how inspiring the story of Anne Frank is, but when I keep a little jewish girl in my attic suddenly THATS NOT OK?

Comment

Thanks for the replies, It is the stock ABS slide I think it's time for an upgrade.

Comment

i bought a ksc usp compact a while back off here that had a bog standard slide which was in a bad state, cracked at the back, scratched and very dirty,but it worked perfectly with the pistol, i bought a new abs slide for it,and although the pistol looked like new again,it didnt rack very well at all, lots of sticking and poor performance and i had to spend ages rubbing certain areas down and applied a lot of lubricant to get it to a satisfactory condition
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bagafett Find out more about bagafett
          Working...
          X