OK to run my hi-capa on co2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK to run my hi-capa on co2?

Hi, just a quick question today. I have a FP hi-capa which has been upgraded a fair bit. It has a (stock) metal slide and frame, a PDI 6.01mm inner barrel, Airsoft Surgeon blowback unit, uprated hammer and recoil spring, nine ball hop rubber. I will also be getting a Guarder reinforced loading nozzle very soon.
    Given that co2 has more power than green gas, would these upgraded bits be enough to run a hi-capa on co2? Or do I need to buy anything else?
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Re: OK to run my hi-capa on co2?

Personally I'd stick to black gas if it's more power your after! If it is more power you need, I'd be asking why?
    Your rifle or main is for longer range hits, pistols are for closer range so why do you need more power?
    Co2 is a bit too hot and can and probably would blow the slide off and explode the light weight blow back housing. RA-Tec make a Co2 mag that's got a reducer inside to lower the pressure to about Black Gas levels, but id go with Black Gas.
    If your pistol is from where I think it's from, ask him what he thinks.
    Mark

Comment

WE and KJW make CO2 mags for the Capa. They have the valve in them that regulates the pressure released so your pistol isnt super powerful. CO2 is fine, if you have a reinforced loading nozzle, and i know you can get a co2 one for the capa thats red.

As i have seen WE nozzles made to take co2 crack in half.

But tbh, in a capa the only reason to go co2 is cold weather, and even in cold weathers they are epic, so personally, i wouldnt bother.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Co2 being the way forward in this cold country, I think your choice is great.

All you need now is that reinforced loading nozzle, and maybe an enhanced hammer spring. Co2 won't destroy your slide like some people say, and certainly not in the manner that they say. Co2 is the same as any other gas (for our purposes), as long as it's at the same pressure.

Edit: I see you have the hammer spring already. No need for another one then

Comment

I have a WE Hi cappa and have both gas mags and co2 mags. Bought the co2 ones for the cold winter here. Actually has a lower fps on the co2 mag than the gas mag with propane.
          "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

If u want to use co2 I would go for the kj works pistols, my reasons being the kj works 05 06 07 08 and 1911 all come ready for co2 (with the red nozzle as talked about above) and I own a few of these pistols and have only ever had trouble with mags gun is bullet proof. Kj pistols are compatible with most Tm and we parts, eg I have we co2 mags for my kp08 and also pdi tight bore barrel, nine ball hop rubber, nine ball gass routers and a guarder 150% recoil and hammer spring all are Tm parts but went right in no problem. The kp06 is most like a TM hi capa and comes with a waffle grip, fibre optic signs and mag well as standard. Don't get me wrong TM and WE pistols are gret but if ts co2 you want u can't go wrong with kj pistols.
            KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ShooterSwizz Find out more about ShooterSwizz
            Working...
            X