TM Glock 17 having a fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Glock 17 having a fit

I purchased an upgraded Marui G17 recently off this forum, it had some of the bits on it I wanted so I let my dependable un upgraded G17 go to buy this instead. Went to put a few rounds through it for the first time today, and it does this:

It's like it's firing on fully auto but getting itself in a mess.

Any ideas?
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: TM Glock 17 having a fit

Is it cycling BB's when doing that?
    If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

It gets a couple out then stops feeding them, If I let the trigger go quick enough I can get her to fire only 2, almost impossible to release the trigger fast enough to fire only 1. if hold it down she gets all moody like seen in the video.

- - - Updated - - -

Presumably it's hammer mechanism related? It's like it's slam firing itself? The hammer is maybe not staying back?

On my old trusted G17 if you pushed the hammer back with you finger it clicked down, on this it only clicks down if the trigger is 'clicked forward' (if that makes sense?

- - - Updated - - -

See how the trigger flicks forward?
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

The hammer mechanism works outside of the body away from the trigger arm...

So it's looking like a dodgy trigger arm? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Think you have it with the trigger arm. I've never seen it happen before to be honest as it was going at quite a pace in the first vid.
          If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

The seller says it was working perfectly when he sent it.

Any suggestions on which trigger arm to change to, if it needs changing at all? It has an upgraded trigger bar and magazine catch replaced with Guarder steel.

They can't bee fitting correctly...

- - - Updated - - -

when the trigger is pulled the hammer release isn't allowed to come back forward, the trigger bar is blocking it. I'm not sure that is normal?

If there is no magazine in and the top part of the gun is not on, when the trigger is pulled should the trigger 'click' and lock back? I don't remember it doing it on my old Glock?

The trigger bar is getting caught between the hammer release and the body of the hammer mechanism, i think. Not sure if that is normal?

Would somebody be able to check on their Glock whether the trigger 'locks back' when it's pulled without top part of gun on, please? I'm pretty sure I remember it doesn't.

Thanks.
            Last edited by Trouble; 10 May, 2013, 17:08.

Comment

Is the trigger arm 'too fat' and needs filing back?

Interestingly, when dry firing the gun without BBs in but gassed it doesn't lock back, like when they have no BBs in, like when the magazine runs out of BBs. It blasts away as if you are hold the release arm thingy with your thumb.

Comment

No ideas, guys? other than than binning it and transfering the parts to another G17?

Very frustrating not having a tm g17 to compare it to. if someone could compare theirs to mine in the videos i would be a great help.

thanks

james

Comment

Was an uprated hammer spring part of its upgrade list?

Comment

Yes, - hammer spring has been upgraded to a Guarder 150% spring.

In my inexperienced eyes the problem seems to be the trigger bar, but i dont have another G17 to compare it to.

frustrated of essex.

Comment

Could the trigger bar be bent which is preventing the hammer release from resetting? It doesn't look bent.

Any suggestions at all would be welcome, even if it's break + sell for parts or move parts to a new gun.

Comment

The guarder steel trigger levers are fine, i've got one in my Marui after the stock one bent.

Trigger lever wasn't to blame but the problem was a bit long winded.

I had an issue where my hammer was actually stuck forwards despite the rest of the mechanism working fine.

1) The screwhole for the hammer mechanism was stripped in the frame, so the hammer mech sat out higher than where it should be.
                        2) The slide blewback and popped off the frame, locking itself back, and resulting in me hitting it off with a rock to put it back on again.
                        3) During number 2, the trigger lever had repositioned itself and caused the hammer in the hammer mech to misalign, locking it in place.
                        4) Having replacing the slide, after firing and the pistol cycling the hammer would still be forwards and re-engage the valve firing it mulitple times.

The actual issue was that the hammer mechanism had moved around and was causing the trigger lever not to function correctly.

My fix for this was to strip the hammer mech completely down, and re assemble with some silicone spray to loosen it up. I was apprehensive at first because I hadn't done it before but it's fairly easy, only thing you need is a bit of patience for the fiddly bit. But when I put it back in either the new or old frame it seemed to fix it.

Hope this works for you. I'd put it down to being the hammer mech having something wrong with it personally, edit: those steel guarder trigger levers are pretty good but they are also fairly cheap to replace, it might be worth putting in another one.

Andy.
                        Last edited by HunterAndy; 10 May, 2013, 23:36.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                          Yes, - hammer spring has been upgraded to a Guarder 150% spring.

In my inexperienced eyes the problem seems to be the trigger bar, but i dont have another G17 to compare it to.

frustrated of essex.
                          Bin it off straight away.

All your vids so far look to me to be completely normal operation, for the trigger.

I got myself a Guarder/TM Glock 17 mine had everything upgraded apart from the recoil spring and hammer spring.

Now with the metal slide and standard recoil spring in, every time it fired it felt like the slide was going to blow off the frame.
                          So in my wisdom I ordered a 150% recoil and hammer spring, fitted the recoil spring and it was beautiful, so I then decided I'd give the hammer spring a go as it was just spare.
                          Long story short, (ish) my Glock 17 did EXACTLY the same as yours is doing on a Guarder 150% hammer spring.
                          My 1st port of call if your happy doing it is to change it for a standard hammer spring.

Comment

I'd had a look at other forums and seen people moaning about guarder hammer springs but i've had no experience with them as I use the standard one, which is why I didn't mention
                            From what tisane is saying it sounds reasonable to me, and it's closer to your issue.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll order another hammer spring. I'll try a standard spring rather than another type of 150% spring...

Interestingly the screw at the back of the hammer mechanism has stripped the hole in the frame, but there is no play in the mechanism at all so I don't think that is an issue.
                              Last edited by Trouble; 11 May, 2013, 00:46.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                              Working...
                              X