Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect weight ammo

Hi guys
    I have just finnished my custom ra tech we m4 build and now just need to work out the perfect weight ammo to run it on
    I have googled it and come up with a mix of results so was just wondering if any of you fine folk could shed some light on the subject.
    I have a thread in the accesories add for samples of different weight bbs but really just want to buy the right ammo staight away and start blasting as it has taken nearly 6 months to complete.
    As always, any help would be, well, helpfull

Sharpy

Re: Perfect weight ammo

There is no such thing buddy.

Light ammo moves faster through the air, as such gravity has less time to pull it to the floor. Good for range.

Heavy ammo carries more energy for longer so will hit with more ooomph and will also be less affected by wind and atmospherics.

You will need to test and adjust as your hop rubber and my hop rubber will produce varying results, even within the same brand and style. The only way you will you wind your perfect weight is to play around with the weights yourself.

I would imagine .25s, .28s and .30s are good place to start though

Comment

I have just sampled a few 0.4s and with the hop on about half way I was very impressed with the range but also the grouping size was much tighter than with the 0.28s
      I might have to lock this on semmi and turn it in to a dmr

Comment

It's not just about the weight, it's about overall quality of manufacture, size (yes, it's all nominally 6mm, but there's a lot of variation between manufacturers), surface texture (which will have an effect upon how the Hop-up rubber acts upon it), and repeatibility (i.e. are all the BBs in the batch of the same quality). There's a lot of crap ammo out there, so it pays to spend a bit of time and money working out the best ammo for your particular gun.

Comment

Assuming good quality - use the heaviest ammo you can afford to play with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sharpy Find out more about sharpy
          Working...
          X