Re tech m14 npas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re tech m14 npas

Big fan of m14, so got my eye on the we type m14 or Ra tech. Im just wandering of the usual fps. My site is a strict 350 fps. So I'm wandering what the fps of an stock we m14 is and with the npas kit. I've no experience in gbb rifles, just pistols. I've seen it's 300-550 with npas on forums but seen the npas tutorial and the lowest was 450 odd.

Chears

When mine was stock, it was about 450 fps. Fired consistenly at 330 after the NPAS was fitted

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Re tech m14 npas

Yeah ours was about 380 on propane in the winter.
      Npas is the way to go for any gas gun as it fluctuates so hugely throughout the year.
      for £15 and about 15 mins its totally worth it.
      Note the NPAS won't INCREASE fps, only lower it.
      Rules
      I will ignore txt spk & people do not provide their real names. If I buy something from you, keep the money until I have checked its condition.
      For Sale:
      A load of stuff: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1309747

Comment

Originally posted by serioussniper View Post
        Note the NPAS won't INCREASE fps, only lower it.
        Not true, the npas allows you to increase or decrease fps by opening the valve and as such regulating the flow of gas. The npas determines how much gas is used to propel the bb and how much is channeled into the blow back system. Decreasing the fps will see more gas flow into the blowback system, potentially increasing the rifle's kick and vice versa.

Edit: this does not mean you can indefinitely increase fps as a maximum level will be hit when the valve is fully open, also variables such as hop, inner barrel diameter and type of gas will all play a part in determining the maximum achievable fps

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...
        Originally posted by Mike581
        L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
        Originally posted by mark2191
        i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
        "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

Re: Re tech m14 npas

Originally posted by No Probs View Post
          Not true, the npas allows you to increase or decrease fps by opening the valve and as such regulating the flow of gas. The npas determines how much gas is used to propel the bb and how much is channeled into the blow back system. Decreasing the fps will see more gas flow into the blowback system, potentially increasing the rifle's kick and vice versa.
          I bed to differ, my understanding is that the NPAS dimensions are similar to that of the original nozzle, it also sits in the same place as the original nozzle when fully screwed down (open).
          Therefore it isn't possible to actually increase the FPS above the level the stock nozzle produces because the throughput of propellant is exactly the same.
          It IS however possible to increase the FPS by filing the nubs down on the bolt where the nozzle sits, I believe on the M14 you have to shave a small amount off anyway, so that the NPAS sits further rearward thus exposing more of the vents.

The only reason I mention it is some people would want to drop an NPAS into a 400fps M14 to get a 500fps DMR etc

More than happy to be proven wrong though!
          Rules
          I will ignore txt spk & people do not provide their real names. If I buy something from you, keep the money until I have checked its condition.
          For Sale:
          A load of stuff: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1309747

Comment

Originally posted by No Probs View Post

Edit: this does not mean you can indefinitely increase fps as a maximum level will be hit when the valve is fully open, also variables such as hop, inner barrel diameter and type of gas will all play a part in determining the maximum achievable fps

Serioussniper is 100% correct.

Whatever your FPS when you install NPAS it will only go down fron there. (Unless you modify the nozzle)

The NPAS install in itself usually drops FPS because the valve is slightly bigger than the stock valve, opening it only lowers the FPS further.

The only way to up your FPS, for instance if you want your stock 350 up to 450 for DMR usage is to trim the tabs on all WE nozzles, thus moving the valve, stock or NPAS, further back allowing more gas past the valve itself.

Comment

I must have had defective units then as all three npas I fitted produced an increase on the original measurements

Originally posted by Mike581
              L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
              Originally posted by mark2191
              i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
              "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cookie sniper Find out more about cookie sniper
              Working...
              X