1911 gas routers, gas efficiency and recommend me a 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 gas routers, gas efficiency and recommend me a 1911

Hi, my 1911 has terrible gas efficiency. Does anyone make an upgraded gas router? Where can I even buy TM gas routers? I have a nine ball dyna piston head in it, but I'm still struggling to get past 8 rounds.

Also, I want another one, co2 may be an option, but I don't know. What's your fav 1911's which ones shall I consider?

Currently I have an Army R27 with TM internals.

Thanks
    I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Re: 1911 gas routers, gas efficiency and recommend me a 1911

The gas routers for TM are pretty good out the box, but no idea where you can get some without waiting a long ole time. I have put the 226 ones in KJ mags with great results.

Reference the efficiency, its all about how smooth the slide is. If there are notchy points and resistance, more gas is used before the firing pin is reset. Hence using more gas.

Is the hammer spring super strong? And the recoil spring stupid power too like WE guns are out the box? Never seen Army guns before, but looking at the other clones, the metals are shocking and heavy, so probably doesnt do itself any favours.

Maybe get a plastic slide for it, it helps no end.

The KJW Meu is Co2 and thats great, but again, as its a clone, not fantastic out the box, bit notchy, i had a play about with a friends, kicks harder than a desert eagle now its all sorted, great gun.

Oh and to add, best 1911 out the box is a TM 1911/MEU. Yes its plastic but its a great gun if you MUST have a 1911, and even guarder metal kitted ones get 14 shots a mag in a bit of anger. My MEU would not be being sold if i didnt want to fund a dirty race pistol build.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

As above, get rid of that metal slide. And the body too probably.

If you've swapped out the internals for TM already, then that's the last bit to do to get it working decently

Comment

Is it a 1911 or an MEU?

As i have a tm body and slide for a MEU and a lower body for a 1911.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I kept the stock hammer spring as there's no point upgrading it. The recoil spring is 150% and it kicks really hard but that's half the fun. I'm going to add the bigger nine ball o ring to the piston head. The slide and rails have been polished with a jewellery file and emery cloth but were pretty good as stock. In fact the gun was great when I got it but its just been well used now.
          I think I'll mod some hi capa gas routers and see if they fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a difference? I just thought it was different grips. It's an meu, well it was, not its pretty much all custom.
          I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

Hi capa gas routers are not going to fix the problem.

The dry first thin would be to get rid of that 150% recoil spring. It's the hammer spring that provides the recoil feeling. The recoil spring is just there to make sure the slide comes back in decent time. Lose it, as 150% is always a detriment to performance, even in Marie guns.

As has been said before, your best bet is to loss the metal slide as well. It's an army gun, it's not going to be of advanced quality, and in gas guns, quality will affect performance far more than an aeg.

Comment

the perfect recoil spring for a 1911/meu is a 120% one, which i fit to ALL my guns. Hammer springs, the best ones to fit are stock Marui ones as they are plenty hard enough to depress the release valve (even with propane) and soft enough to not hinder the slides acceleration backwards. So if you have the stock Army one in there, get a stock marui one in there instead.

As Ben said, if you want a metal slide, pay out some monies and get an upgraded one, it will be lighter and better made. If all the rails are polished up then good, make sure the BBU is smooth too and has no notches on the bump that pushes the hammer down and get a really good lube for the rails (not grease) for a super smooth cycle action. Ensure the piston head is flush fit with the nozzle to, you dont want it all loose so gas can escape, but also not tight either so it catches. All these things help gas efficiency.

I personally spent about 45 minutes playing with a pdi piston head so it fit perfect for me in my Capa nozzle, it kicks like nothing else and is really efficient too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Genesius Find out more about Genesius
              Working...
              X