Propane in GBB pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane in GBB pistol

I know this will have been covered before, but I can't find a thread.

Due to my job I have access to a propane (for blowtorch) canister for free use

Google shows I can get a Madbull adapter, but before I do, what are the advantages/disadvantages of propane against 134A? Also, will I need to do anything else?

Cheers
    Peter

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Cheaper, more powerful, but voids warranties.

That's about it

Comment

Bang on well out of warranty anyway

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Comment

One thing I will say, is people tell you that you need to put silicone oil in the mags every so often. When I first started using propane I was led to believe once a day.

I now do it about once a month. Every time I put any in the mags, just a single drop of oil, it ended up splurting out the valve, and I've never had a single leak whilst not using oil each playing day.

Comment

I was told at a site (indoor one) that they did not allow propane so check with your site but I used the AI one and ordered my gas off Amazon and it was cheap!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Propane in GBB pistol

Some site owners really need to wake up. OMG!!! Propane am flammable!!!! Er.............yes - just like the vast majority of other gases (apart from 134a, obviously) marketed for Airsoft use....

Comment

I think its more from an insurance paperwork point of view. I know my local doesnt allow CO2 based on only 2 factors, one, much higher FPs in general, most guns need a fair bit of work and fiddling to make entirely site safe. The other reason is that CO2 is not technically air'soft' but air 'weapons' like air pistols and air rifles. So if something were to happen, theres a good chance their insurer could turn around and say CO2? Well thats not airsoft!

Just like car insurance, if you tell them you park it in a locked garage, when you actually keep it in an abandoned car park…

Comment

Its more likely the increase in fps due to the expansion properties of propane when conpared to 134a/144a. Theres heaps of threads that explain and discuss this. Propane is all good so long as you maintain your gbb
                Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Well by that logic the same sites must ban green gas, god forbid red, black or CO2...

Green gas IS propane - if your gun runs green gas happily, then it will run propane happily.
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                    Well by that logic the same sites must ban green gas, god forbid red, black or CO2...

Green gas IS propane - if your gun runs green gas happily, then it will run propane happily.
                    They probably are. Never been to a site that bans co2 or propane so i cant comment haha
                    Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fingers Find out more about Fingers
                    Working...
                    X