Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Marui/Marui Compatible Hop Rubber in WE HX3P guns - different hop rubber diammeters..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marui/Marui Compatible Hop Rubber in WE HX3P guns - different hop rubber diammeters..

Just a bit of useful info after fettling and chronoing both a WE 1911 and a HK3P PX4...

I replaced the hop-ups in both of these guns with Marui compatible hops, and with the PX4 especially I noticed a drop of around 25fps in power afterwards even with the hop at pretty much zero.

After a lot of swapping hop rubbers around and re-chronoing, I found that the WE hop rubbers are actaully slightly bigger in diammeter than the marui compatible / replacement ones and they get squashed down a bit when put back into the hop-unit and it is all tightened up. Squashed down so much that when the pistol is fully assembled and the slide drawn back the WE hop rubber grips the loading nozzle and it stays engaged in the hop until the slide is cocked fully back. Obviously this means the hop rubber is gripping the loading nozzle tightly.

This tight gripping of the nozzle was not the case with the Marui hop rubber.. hence the loss in FPS.

The solution??. Put 1 or 2 strips of electrical tape cut so it goes all the way round the outer of the hop rubber except for the rectangular locator lug. When you reassemble the WE pistol with the modified marui hop, the electrical tape cause the marui hop to be compressed and it to should grip the loading nozzle like the original WE hop rubber did and recover you any lost FPS. If not it needs another strip of tape.. note: too much tape and you will end up with hop-up even when its supposed to be at no hop.

Cheers

Chaz

About the Author

Collapse

chaz_r33_gtr Find out more about chaz_r33_gtr
Working...
X