Tanaka M500 revolver questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka M500 revolver questions

Hi guys. I've seen a few of these revolvers around but I have some questions before I actually ask Zero One airsoft to order one of my own.

#1 - What's the Pegasus/hop up system like? Could I stick 0.36g BB's in it and still fire perfectly straight?

#2 - What's the power like typically? I read it's about 400-500 FPS on green?

#3 - What's the build quality like? I've seen a few missing front sights on these.

If people could answer these questions I'd be most appreciative

Re: Tanaka M500 revolver questions

1 - The pegasus system is brilliant, I can easily get off several full reloads with one fill. You might be pushing it with the .36 with the hop though - i'm running mine on .28's and it's killer.

2 - Yes, they can be hot, some of the older ones (i.e mine, has a adjustable trigger/hammer spring to ease off/increase power. I don't mess about with it much because it is fragile, so best off leaving that where it is.

3 - Build Quality, now these are ABS framed, that have been dusted with metal to provide a cold-ish touch. The sights can come off easy, but are easily secured in place. The rear sight is metal and height adjustable.

Over-all, get one. You won't regret it. The faces of your opfor when you pull this bad boy on them is unreal. It's been running in cold weather fine for me aswell. Too hot for CQC though, sadly, it would be even more fear inducing.

One thing however, dunno if it's just mine, but you'll need to fire a few shots off first to "wake it up" - give it 2/3 rounds and it'll be full strength.

Hope this helps a bit!

Comment

build quality is awsome, solid for a plastic gun, the revolver bullet housing is metal, a good weight. the front sight is only an issue if you don't get a holster that fits.

the front sight comes out by pushing it forward and pulling up, thus if you have the wrong holster you'll simply catch it and its gone! so invest in a big good holster, u.s ebay will be your friend.

the power is adjustable through the pistol grip, by tightening or lossening the trigger pull, yes you can achieve 550+ fps, i only used .3g BB's at a power setting of 360 fps.

alot of playing about and a good chrono and patience will get the desired results.

the hop up, i didn't play about with mine very much (i bought the gun set for .3g BBs) but it made the gun very accurate... i mean counter sniping accurate.

of all the pistols i've owned, the m500 was jsut not effected by weather... ever, it fired all the time.

the gun has its down sides to it also.

its big, which is nice, but a bugger to find somewhere to carry, or find a good, reasonibly priced holster, but again ebay will help.

i used green gas with mine, it only has 10 rounds, never miss fires, but i found the first 1 to 2 shots always were under powered then the third shot was straight as an arrow, but it did lead to me getting fragged once or twice.

a down side, if you see it as such, i never did, but cleaning and maintance needs you to pretty much strip it. not like a TM m9 where the slide comes off and you wipe the dirty out and reapply new greece, this sucker means a take down, then taking the revolving cylinder apart for cleaning and regreecing, a tricky job, and if cocked up, dead gun as its the heart and sole of the beast.

i'm tempted to get another one and fashion a borderlands style 6 shooter sniper rifle outta it.

Boris
      K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys this is my next buy then! Carrying it is no problem, got a shoulder holster as I carry a Desert Eagle all the time.

Comment

if you feel that its too big you can always go for the Tanaka M500 3"+1

VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

If anybody knows where to get one of these please pm me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
            Working...
            X