So just brought my first Gbb m4.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So just brought my first Gbb m4.....

And want to know what fits? It's a agm m4 stubby killer. Got it cheap but not a fan of the short front end! I want to put a tbb in there but are they the same as one from a aeg? Also can I use the front end from a aeg or are they different to the Gas ones? Also was going to fit a different style if pistol grip, same again will the aeg ones fit? Thanks in advance guys!

Re: So just brought my first Gbb m4.....

I'm guessing that it was a bit of an impluse buy, as (and i'm sorry to have to say this) the AGM is at the bottom end of the list when it comes to reliable GBB rifles.

OK, your questions answered:

I want to put a tbb in there but are they the same as one from a aeg?
    No, stock, they use barrels designed for the WA system. There are after-market Hop-up units, such as one made by Prime, that take AEG barrels if you want to throw cash at it.

was going to fit a different style if pistol grip, same again will the aeg ones fit?
    No, they use real-steel dimension pistol grips. G&P and a few others make copies of real-steel grips that will fit, or you can just source a real one (can be easy or difficult in the UK - depending on which one you want)

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
      I'm guessing that it was a bit of an impluse buy, as (and i'm sorry to have to say this) the AGM is at the bottom end of the list when it comes to reliable GBB rifles.
      WOW! You didn't have to piss on his chips.

A simple list of compatible parts would have done it

Comment

The AGM can be made into a very reliable gbbr if you know how, G&P w.o.c and WA parts are compatible. Getting a tightbore isn't the be all and end all, your hop-up unit and rubber are more important as well a good bolt carrier group. I have the shell of an agm m4 but with g&p inside plus a couple of mods and it performs quite nicely, unfortunately it sits in the cupboard and only comes out to get cleaned and cycled :-(

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 4 Beta
        Originally posted by Mike581
        L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
        Originally posted by mark2191
        i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
        "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post

Thing is though he's spot on...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post

Yeah, sorry to say that I can be a bit blunt sometimes. However, I'm a firm believer in the old adage of "don't throw good money after bad".

No Probs is right, you can get them to function well - after you've ripped everything out of it and replaced it with steel G&P parts. In that case, you might as well get a G&P WOC with steel internals to start with - you'll end up spending less in the long run.

Comment

Must add I received my agm cheap and it worked out cheaper to upgrade than purchase new and all that remains of the agm is non-functional parts ie the body

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 4 Beta
              Originally posted by Mike581
              L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
              Originally posted by mark2191
              i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
              "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

Cheers guys, don't think I'll be keeping it then lol!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scuuby Find out more about scuuby
                Working...
                X