M4 gas filling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 gas filling problem

Ive got a small problem with the mags for my WE M4.

Im not very experienced with gas guns, so its probably something that im doing wrong. any advice will be much appreciated though

I've had the mags sitting for a few weeks with a bit of maintenance gas in. I get them all out of the loft today to test ready for a game, and all the mags are gas tight and still have all the gas in.
    I fire off what's left in there (about a mags worth), then refill with propane (Colemans) with a drop of silicone oil. All of the mags immediately start to leak! its only a very small hiss. They've been sat for 2 hours now and are all still hissing.

I just find it weird that 5 perfect mags are suddenly all leaking just a few seconds after being ok.

so what am I doing wrong? do i need to be doing any extra maintenance when using propane? should the mags or gas be warmed up or something before using?

I do a lot of all day Milsim type games, so the last thing i want is all of my mags slowly emptying out...

Where are they leaking from to start?

And you shouldn't really fire off maintainence gas through your gun, its high silicone content will knacker your hop rubber and as a consequence your range and accuracy.

Comment

Re: M4 gas filling problem

cheers, i'll keep that in mind

i looks like 3 are leaking from the knocker valve at the top, 2 from the fill valve

Comment

Well as the only thing to change is your gas, then I'd say its possibly the difference in pressure between your maintainence gas and your regular gas, you will find that the small quantity of maintainence gas probably wouldn't have been able to force itself past the seals, but now you have your regular gas and have the mags fully filled its managing to get past the faulty seal.
        Bit of a pisser that its all 5 at once though, best you can do now is look up the possible fixes and try and get them back to 100%

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

skapunkninja Find out more about skapunkninja
        Working...
        X