Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

KJW fill valves in TM/Army Armarments mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW fill valves in TM/Army Armarments mags?

I've just had a proper play with my nice new army armarments detonics, and discovered that while it's lovely on the whole, it has the awful fill valves that spray gas all over the place when you fill up.

it got me wondering. If I where to get hold of a couple of spare KJW fill valves for their 1911, would they be a drop in fit for the detonics mags?
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Re: KJW fill valves in TM/Army Armarments mags?

Don't muck arround buying replacemnt fill valves a quick and cheap way of solving the spraying issue whilst filling is to cut one or two small sections of electrical heat shrink insulation and slide eiher one or two pieces over the fill nozzle of you gas bottle then shrink them down, preferably using a hair dryer or hot air gun as I wouldn't reccomend using a naked flame near a propane bottle. The idea is that the rubberised heat shrink gives a slightly tighter seal in the mag fill valve apperture.
    There's no place like sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Bannog View Post
      Don't muck arround buying replacemnt fill valves a quick and cheap way of solving the spraying issue whilst filling is to cut one or two small sections of electrical heat shrink insulation and slide eiher one or two pieces over the fill nozzle of you gas bottle then shrink them down, preferably using a hair dryer or hot air gun as I wouldn't reccomend using a naked flame near a propane bottle. The idea is that the rubberised heat shrink gives a slightly tighter seal in the mag fill valve apperture.
      ohhhh! that's clever. I like it!

also, my trick for heat-shrink (learned from my dad) is to hold it over the spout of the kettle while it boils. (unless the gear is very moisture sensitive) It's great because you make a cup of tea at the same time!
      Not actually a builder
      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

i have also cut a guarder clear nubbing in quarters and that works amazingly, or any nubbing for that matter, they all should work...
        If it was an eye for a eye,the whole world would be blind

Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobthebuilder Find out more about bobthebuilder
        Working...
        X