Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Interesting Mag Venting Issue - Help Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Mag Venting Issue - Help Please?

Firstly i apologise if there is an existing thread on the topic, i couldn't find one after 20 mins searching.

Secondly i would like to make it clear that the mag IS NOT LEAKING from an o-ring or around a valve, so please don't tell me to soak my o-rings in silicone or ptfe anything.

I recently purchased a KJW KC-02 with 3 magazines [short type]. One of these is working perfectly, the other two have exactly the same issue. If they are only filled with about 5 shots worth of gas they work fine, but on a full fill, as soon as the gas bottle is removed all the gas vents through the fill valve until there is only about 5 shots worth of gas left.

Has anyone come across this problem before? Are there any quick fixes, or do i just need to buy new valves? I've taken all three mags apart, and they are all identical as far as i can tell, i haven't removed any of the fill valves for fear of breaking the good one.

Please help?
    don't get mad at people who don't call their hits, if they didn't call it you must have missed...keep shooting...reload if you have to...

Re: Interesting Mag Venting Issue - Help Please?

Sounds like the O-Rings in the valves have worn out.

EDIT - You said it wasn't the o-rings, but are you sure they aren't just worn to the point they won't hold gas in anymore?
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

So what you're saying is the mags vent at full pressure but seal once the pressure has dropped?

So it really is either worn orings or worn/dirty valve seats.

If the mags have seen plenty of use, it might be simpler just to replace them.
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by FPSEngland View Post
        Sounds like the O-Rings in the valves have worn out.

EDIT - You said it wasn't the o-rings, but are you sure they aren't just worn to the point they won't hold gas in anymore?
        Originally posted by Genista View Post
        So what you're saying is the mags vent at full pressure but seal once the pressure has dropped?

So it really is either worn orings or worn/dirty valve seats.

If the mags have seen plenty of use, it might be simpler just to replace them.
        alright, well, i'm sorry if i've completely misunderstood the problem...i just can't see how an o-ring issue could cause the valve internals to fail...[i'm not saying you're wrong, you probably know a hell of a lot more than me, i just like to be able to understand problems] can either of you explain how a fill valve functions, and how this issue could be caused?

thanks for the help though
        don't get mad at people who don't call their hits, if they didn't call it you must have missed...keep shooting...reload if you have to...

Comment

The orings on the actual valve body hold the gas, when pressure is added, those o rings get press harder against the valve seat, if they are dry, undersized, damaged or not suitable they will release pressure until the gas is at a pressure they can hold.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
            The orings on the actual valve body hold the gas, when pressure is added, those o rings get press harder against the valve seat, if they are dry, undersized, damaged or not suitable they will release pressure until the gas is at a pressure they can hold.
            This.
            Originally posted by FPSEngland
            The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Indeed, what Sean said. Very fixable.
              Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
              Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

If you can take the valves apart you can get replacement o-rings easily enough
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bobovan Find out more about Bobovan
                Working...
                X