Collapse

HPA/CO2 Rigs - Can they be THIS easy!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPA/CO2 Rigs - Can they be THIS easy!?!

Hi All,

I've recently aquired a KJW M700P and in the quest to build the sniper I've always wanted, it's getting the External Air treatment.

I've read countless guides from all over the web and have deduced that a CO2 Charger is required, as is a regulator, hose and relevant fittings...

My question is, to anyone who knows, is - is it as simple as I'm amking it out to be in the diagram below??

HPA.jpg

Any helps/amends very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

**insert witty remark**

Re: HPA/CO2 Rigs - Can they be THIS easy!?!?!?!

Pretty much, take the palmers co2 rig, the 12g bulb goes in, the regulator allows the airflow through into the magazine, just have to tap the mag for the adaptors, but thats all it is, then the gun refills/fires as normal just using the gas from the reg rather than mag resevoir, essentially each time you fire the regulator lets the air into the mag to replace what has just been fired out.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Re: HPA/CO2 Rigs - Can they be THIS easy!?!

So basically, the list of parts shown in the pic is all I'd need? Seems to good to be true

image.jpg

**insert witty remark**

Comment

Let me know how you get on with this as I want a decent co2 sniper!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I have a co2 rigged mag for my tanaka m700 works a treat. Don't skimp on the regulator though and ensure you pick up a low power one as cheap or full power regs are inconsistent at the low psi we use.

Pm me if you har any questions or want any pics of my set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Check Out My Sales;
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...rs-and-adaptor
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Impulse-buys

Comment

Would you be able to do the Co2 rig thing to a WE M14?

I have tried to find Co2 mags but there don't appear to be any so I wonder if that would be possible?

Comment

It may be a case of see if RA Tech are in the process of making one (they seem to make 99% of WE CO2 mags) May need to go to the far east to get one, if not you can use the palmers rig and just tap a spare m14 mag.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I'd rather not mess with the mag, with the .massive stock on the m14 I wondered if there was any way to route it direct in the reciever.

Comment

don't you require a two stage reg for CO2?
                  A high pressure one (as the pressure from CO2 is huge) to step the pressure down, and then a low pressure one to give you the more precise control?
                  Rules
                  I will ignore txt spk & people do not provide their real names. If I buy something from you, keep the money until I have checked its condition.
                  For Sale:
                  A load of stuff: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1309747

Comment

You don't have to per se, as the Palmers regulator will take it down from 800 PSI to whatever you want to set it to below 200 PSI. However, running a dual regulator setup, say an SMC AR series regulator, will enable easier adjustment to the exact pressure you want as the adjustment on the Palmers is fairly course.

Comment

Originally posted by serioussniper View Post
                      don't you require a two stage reg for CO2?
                      A high pressure one (as the pressure from CO2 is huge) to step the pressure down, and then a low pressure one to give you the more precise control?
                      The dual stage regulator came about as a result of people using poor quality, industrial grade regulators, which weren't adequately able to lower the pressure to the PSI that we need for airsoft. If you get a high quality regulator like the AKA 2 Litre or Firebase Regulator, then one is usually enough. Most paintball airtanks themselves come with a mini reg on, and newer ones from Ninja have an "SLP" or "Super Low Pressure" mini reg that will take the PSI down to 200 before you even put it through a separate regulator. I personally wouldn't recommend Palmers - they don't really use high quality regs.

Comment

They system I intend to run is using the CP V2 Low Pressure Reg - this reduces upto 900psi down to 0psi.

basjng in the system used by nodnarb from the US (check YouTube)

**insert witty remark**

Comment

sorry for the hijack rabbit im also interest in making a HPA rig for a future project could some one give a complete lit of parts build one

many thanks
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi ghost,

Once I've got it built, tested and made sure its not leaking ill post a full parts list and links to where to buy stuff.

The biggest issue with it is that almost none of what you need is available in the UK. Most will come from either the States or China.

Will keep this thread posted.

Rich
                            Last edited by runningrabbit; 29 July, 2013, 19:34. Reason: Double negative - urggh

**insert witty remark**

Comment

Originally posted by TomFahey View Post
                              The dual stage regulator came about as a result of people using poor quality, industrial grade regulators, which weren't adequately able to lower the pressure to the PSI that we need for airsoft
                              The dual reg system came about as means of finely adjusting the pressure. There have been decent regulators around for aeons that could drop the line pressure to below 200PSI

If you get a high quality regulator like the AKA 2 Litre or Firebase Regulator, then one is usually enough
                              Firebase is better than the AKA in my experience.

Most paintball airtanks themselves come with a mini reg on, and newer ones from Ninja have an "SLP" or "Super Low Pressure" mini reg that will take the PSI down to 200 before you even put it through a separate regulator
                              All paintball tanks come with a regulator on them that reduces the pressure, as 3000PSI straight out of the tank would not do your gun much good! Generally, and still the industry standard, is a regulator that drops the pressure down to 800PSI. SLP is lowly gaining favour though (thankfully)

I personally wouldn't recommend Palmers - they don't really use high quality regs.
                              ^^^^ x 10. Back in the day they were OK. There are now far better choices!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

runningrabbit Find out more about runningrabbit
                              Working...
                              X