Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inokatsu 2012 - M4

Heeeeeelp!

Just got the above, just don't like normal rail systems so wanting to fit either a DD18 or Viking rail, no matter what I do I cannot move the locking ring from the outer barrel to the body. It just will not budge. Any ideas?
    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Inokatsu 2012 - M4

Do you have a barrel nut wrench?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Yes Dave, also a large vice, WD40, a torque wrench and determination. I didn't realise they torqued them up to real tolerances. All sorted.
      Inokatsu = Just amazing.

Cheers Dave.
      Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Haha good times! Have you seen the torture test of the viper-tech m4 built to a similar spec on youtube? Horrifying doesn't begin to cover it.

Comment

Yeah mine was stuck on pretty damn tight too!
          *Boop

Comment

They get stuck on because not a single bloody Airsoft manufacturer does the job right. From G&P to Inokatsu, none of them use any lube or the correct torque to do the barrel nut up (as per US Army TM 9-1005-319-23&P), i.e. molybdenum disulfide grease and 30 ft/lb of torque (triple torquing method) + whatever it takes to ease the barrel nut to the correct orientation to slide the gas tube into place. Older copies of the TM stated that you should never tighten past 80 ft/lb - though this little bit of info has been removed from recent editions.

One of my US contacts, who spent much of his service time at Weapons Training Battalion, Quantico, told me that he never sees them go above 50 ft/lb

[/rant]

Comment

Mine is not torque'd up enough (because the dytac/g&p receiver is too fragile) but it's been strap-wrenched up to as tight as I dare (double torqued) and greased!

Comment

It's probably torqued up more than you think it is. 30 ft/lb is nothing really!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Black Templar Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? Find out more about Black Templar
                Working...
                X