Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Only 1 mag of 3 working... and should there be an oring here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 1 mag of 3 working... and should there be an oring here?

Hi...I was having issues with my tm glock 17 dumping gas after each shot. I got some brilliant from people on here and have now fixed the issue. However after I had a further look at the glock, disassembled and fully cleaned. I have had a look at the feeder assembly and piston. All is intact and good. Only thing is, is there supposed to be an oring around the piston head? I have included link to pictures on this. There looks like a groove for an oring but there was not one in there. Sorry for the blurry image but my phone doesn't have the macro function for the close shots.

Im not too sure if there is supposed to be an oring here because out of the 3 mags i have, one mag fires of pretty good. However, the other 2 keep dumping gas. I have no idea how old these other 2 mags are as i bought them of someone on zeroin a week or two back. They are leak free, but could the orings around the valve at the top in these mags need replacing?

Please, any help guys would be great.

http://gitssouthernsoftie.tumblr.com...om-my-tm-glock

Re: Only 1 mag of 3 working... and should there be an oring here???

Could be the release valve on the magazines sticking. Empty the gas and move the release calves around while spraying silicone. Wipe the excess and fire a few mags.
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

I'm not sure but I'm pretty certain there is meant to be an oring there...

I'd say get a new oring and then try the mags again. If you can work out the size (inner diameter, outer diameter and cross section) then you can get a pack of ten off sealforce on ebay for like 3 quid.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

yes there is meant to be an oring on the head. chances are its fallen off in parts and been ejected through the nozzle.....or its been eaten by the oring stealing space bear....bad space bears.

it is possible to buy a new oring, halfords do a pack of O rings, all sizes from one that may fit round mr squishy, to teeny tiny ones that may fit in your fill nozzles. i think the pack is about 4 quid.
        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Re: Only 1 mag of 3 working... and should there be an oring here?

Right. New oring fitted. I have disassembled all 3 mags, checked orings and lubed up where nessecery. It is still dumping the gas. Sometimes after one shot, sometimes after 3 or 4. Also with one mag, after each successful shot I have to recock the slide to get a BB in there. Getting a bit fed up with it now could this be the trigger mechanism? Would a video of what's happening help? I can do a video if needed but it won't be until tonight when I get home from work. Cheers for your help so far guys and thanks for your continued advice in advance.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SouthernSoftie Find out more about SouthernSoftie
          Working...
          X