KSC Mac 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC Mac 11

Okay, so a few weeks ago I bought myself a KSC Mac 11 on here without any mags.

The seller wasn't sure whether it was Pre-system 7 and I couldn't work it out. When it arrived I lubed up the internals as I do with all GBB guns.
    I tried out a KWA NS2 Mac 11 mag in it and it fired the whole mag of gas without feeding a single BB. I then concluded that it must be a pre system 7 KSC model so bought 3 pre-system 7 mags. They just arrived today and when I loaded them up and put them through the gun they feed for a couple of rounds and then it half-cocks. I then have to cock it again and it will fire two more rounds, and thus the cycle continues.

my question is, does this seem like a fault with the gun or is there a possibility that it's actually a System 7 gun?
    any help or advice will be greatly appreciated
    sigpic

Re: KSC Mac 11

Throw up some pics im sure someone can identify.

Comment

here's a video of the problem. It just about starts working towards the end but as you can see at the start of the mag it's pretty much an expensive springer
      sigpic

Comment

Can't tell much from the vid. What gas u using?

Pull bolt back. Look in chamber, non ns2 have a metal feed nozzles, this might help

Comment

I had an issue where one of my mac 11s would half cock because the rubber part where the gas escapes was damaged slightly. Can you take pictures of the magazines? Have you disassembled it yet? Previous owner may have bodged a penny mod perhaps? (A penny or similar sized item is used to buffer the rear inside of the receiver and gives a higher rof)

Fyi im fairly sure youre right in the assumption its pre ns2 as the difference is the feed lips on the mags (simply out)
          Last edited by airsoc; 31 July, 2013, 19:45. Reason: Forgot to mention
          Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

There's no penny mod and the feed nozzle is definitely metal, therefore it must be NS1 right?

I just loaded about 10 rounds into it and fired it upside down and it seems to feed fine. all the mags are in very good condition so I'm guessing it's something dodgy internally
            sigpic

Comment

these mags are notorious for bb feed jams , are they genuine ksc/kwa mags or well g11 mags as they are pants unless re worked.i have one and it took a lot of fettling to get reliability, they also are gas heavy ,is you'r gas can full? as that has cought out many a good man.

Comment

If its a metal nozzle its not ns2.

Comment

Also it might sound completely silly but these guns are notorious for jams and miss-feeds if the bbs are not perfectly double stacked in the mags. If you leave a gap they will feed to the gap then jam and you'll have to re-cock. And secondly check that the metal feed nozzle isn't bent as it can bend slightly especialy if the previous owner regularly slammed the mag in without cocking the gun fist.
                  There's no place like sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Comment

Cock the gun.

Take a photo of the hop unit / breech and the bolt carrier group from the underside.

I'll tell you from there.

- - - Updated - - -

The older system has the hop unit more flush and the underside of the "bolt is missing".

The newer system has the hop pushed further down the barrel with a small ramp for the BB to travel up from the magazine when loaded into the chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by Bannog View Post
                      Also it might sound completely silly but these guns are notorious for jams and miss-feeds if the bbs are not perfectly double stacked in the mags. If you leave a gap they will feed to the gap then jam and you'll have to re-cock. And secondly check that the metal feed nozzle isn't bent as it can bend slightly especialy if the previous owner regularly slammed the mag in without cocking the gun fist.
                      as the man says you need to see the bb's in a nice zig zag pattern in the mag ,if they break the pattern it wont feed the next one and needs re cocking, they are rather fussy,the hfc mags are better as they are a narrower double stack and feed better but have less bb's in ,the well g11 are clones of the hfc mag but the release valve's fall appart if not modded but are cheep as chip's.

Comment

Forgot to check this thread for a while! thanks for all the help guys, I tried out the mags in a friends KWA M11 and it didn't like them at all. fed worse than mine. i'm always very careful to cock it before putting the mag in and the nozzle doesn't appear to be bent. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to mag stacking, I always stack them in the correct way without any gaps.

I've taken a few photos which may help to decipher what the hell is going on here :P

IMG_20130807_191119.jpgIMG_20130807_191126.jpgIMG_20130807_191300.jpgIMG_20130807_191305.jpgIMG_20130807_191311.jpgIMG_20130807_191319.jpgIMG_20130807_191344.jpgIMG_20130807_191353.jpgIMG_20130807_191401.jpgIMG_20130807_191457.jpg
                        sigpic

Comment

and some more of the mags:

IMG_20130807_191502.jpgIMG_20130807_191507.jpgIMG_20130807_191513.jpg
                          sigpic

Comment

Old school pre-NS2 / System 7.

Only got as far as second photo to confirm.

The newer ones have the magazine lips lower and a ramp leading up to the hop rubber from the mag. Yours feeds straight in.

- - - Updated - - -

The "missing" lower half of the bolt confirms this.

Comment

so theoretically my gun should work as it's a pre-System 7 gun with pre-System 7 mags....

but unfortunately airsoft is never that simple.

Everything inside the gun looks in good condition and there's no dodgy penny mod in the back. I tried the mags in my mates NS2 Mac and they refused to work at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Airsoft Lad WWII 514th American Re-enactor Find out more about The Airsoft Lad
                              Working...
                              X