Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 1911 MEU - Efficiency

Hi all,

My pistol is brilliant except for the efficiency- using both green gas or predator 134a gas I cannot get a full mag of bbs, even when leaving a good few seconds between shots. The slide has been painted olive green and there is still paint residue on the slide where it contacts the rails internally... would this be enough to reduce the effeciency so severely? If so, obviously I would have to finely sand the paint a little, but is there anything else that I can do to reduce resistance of the slide movement, or just generally increase the action of it?

Cheers in advance
    BOOM!

Re: TM 1911 MEU - Efficiency

Rail polish and lubrication.
    Carefully remove the paint inside the slide runners.
    Check the nozzle springs back under its own power, all the way back as well.
    You want the slide as frictionless as possible. It will bind in certain areas because it has to.
    Lubricate the mag valves with a light silicon oil to keep them smooth and stiction free.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

thank you very much, I will look into doing that I regularly sillicon my mags so I don't think that's the issue; are there any easily available gas routers such as the nine ball ones, except for the 1911? I have only seen hi capa ones and p266 ones :S
      BOOM!

Comment

Yup, 1911 has the most aftermarket parts of any pistol except maybe the hi-capa, if there's aftermarket parts any other model, except ones that are model specific, you can bet there's one for the 1911 too.
        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

No 9ball gas routers as far as I know for the 1911.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

There are none, you can shim the mag routers if needs be. But it wont help much.
            Beat thing is to use a more oomph-y gas
            And clean the entire thing out. Takes all of 30 mins
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Okay then thanks guys, I'm unsure why it would be having these issues aside from the friction of paint though as I have only skirmished it once... oh well I will follow everyone's advice and see where that leads me :D
              BOOM!

Comment

So, skirmished the pistol by itself today and I think that the problems with the efficiency are more likely to be coming from the mags... is my best bet to take the seals out and soak them in silicon oil overnight?
                BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                  No 9ball gas routers as far as I know for the 1911.
                  IIRC the Hi-Capa ones fit and work fine.

Comment

So would this be a worthy investment for the mags?
                    BOOM!

Comment

if they fit, it would!

lubing the orings wont actually do anything unless they are leaking.

Spray some silicone oil into the release valves, when thy are empty, and push them up and down for a bit to work the action. Then refill them.

If it still sucks, have a look at going for a nine ball dyna piston head. It wont actually increase the shots, but itll make better use of that gas, so that hopefully the last few shots dont suck as much as they did before.

If its still not as you want, then your best bet is to look at getting a light weight bllowback unit, but this is an expensive upgrade and wont do an awful lot in a plastic slide pistol.

If i were you id simply get that slide changed out, a single bit of crap on the inside can be a nightmare to get out, and will totally bugger the pistol if its still there

Comment

I'd avoid the nineball dyna piston like the plague. It's so hit and miss. I find the PDI ones to be great. I myself use their white ones. Failing that a 5KU lightweight blowback unit. Your nozzle return spring could be a little worse for wear too. There are now aftermarket ones out. I don't know if Z1 stock them though

Comment

Truth is, the 1911/MEU you just have to load less rounds into the mags.

SIMPLE

You will never get all the shots off in anger, and you will be lucky (very) to get all the mag off and it lock back.

When i metal kitted my 1911 and my MEU, i put rivet rods down the mags to stop more than 14 rounds going into the mags and on a colder day, id still only see 10-12 shots a mag. VERY cold day, 5 sometimes!

Stick 18 rounds in the mags and then clean out that slide or buy a new slide and frame (they can be found new for like £18 posted) unlike the £30 people want for a damaged one from here.

The PDI is the best piston head to buy BUT actually the WE 1911 metal piston head i found gives the best seal and best kick. So if you can get that (good luck) do so, if not the white PDI one. The PDI one can be edited if need be to stop it getting stuck as the nozzle should move freely.

Nozzle spring i found doesnt do a lot, i used a gun without one and there wasnt any difference. Stick to stock strength ones though, harder ones will lose you efficiency.

You can smoothen out the rails and polish stuff till the cows come home, honest fact is, the mags hold too many rounds for the gas in the mags to deal with. See the likes of KWA even with their NS2 system, they only have 14 round mags as standard. I know they have larger capacity available but i have never tested these for myself.

All this, is why i use a Hi Capa. The thing doesnt stop!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

When i had my Desert Warrior i was getting a full mags worth of bb's every time. No matter what the weather. I know technically it's a hi-capa slide not a 1911 one, but there isn't that much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
                              When i had my Desert Warrior i was getting a full mags worth of bb's every time. No matter what the weather. I know technically it's a hi-capa slide not a 1911 one, but there isn't that much difference.
                              The 4.3 guns arent as bad as the 5.1 guns like the MEU etc. But i still had issues with my desert warrior in the fact it got more rounds out but still not full mags as powerfully as i'd of liked. Was the proper dregs of the mag.

The MEU mags make a difference though i have found, the 1911 ones suffer more from the cool down and vent more but still was never happy. So as above, id just ping 6-7 rounds out the mag.

As i said in another thread, id rather pop the mag out and see 5 rounds and KNOW them 5 rounds are going to come out with some force than see 5 and after popping off 2 the next one vents and the guns then down before the rounds are finished. Hence short loading the mags up.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bukkerz Find out more about Bukkerz
                              Working...
                              X