Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

R-hopping a dan wesson - can it be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-hopping a dan wesson - can it be done?

Hey guys,

Once more I've found myself thinking of getting a Dan Wesson (6" black) and the idea of accidentally being able to lob a full power shell into it and blast someone at 2m with a 500fps bb is not appealing. So I've decided that I will perform the FPS mod.

While I have it apart, I want to have a crack at installing a hop rubber to give it a bit of range (you know, because I actually want to skirmish the thing) and thought about the possibility of putting an R-hop in it for lulz (if im starting from scratch, i might as well give it a go). Reckon this is doable?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: R-hopping a dan wesson - can it be done?

I would love to think so, if you do attempt it, step by step guide, pics and details please

Reaver
    "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

There is a thread on here already about adding a normal hop rubber, so I assume R-hopping is doable - I'm just not sure about how I'd go about pressing the bucking down to create hop. Probably a few micro thin layers of plastic.

Comment

The FPS mod is crap mate.

I played about with my wesson for hours cutting springs etc to try to get it in a sweet spot, still a massive varience

I would just plonk the power down shells in and leave it alone, its sorted then and you can use the full power shells for when you arent shooting people lol

R Hop is doable though, but the effort to just do the normal hop was enough for me to sell it lol

So good luck chap, and yes, document everything!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I'd guess the variance is due to the gun, watching videos of people chronoing unmodified Dan wessons still show a 30fps odd variance.

The other reason I Cba with the power down shells is price. I'd rather not buy a load of speed loaders and not be able to use the shells that come wig them

Sent from outer space

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
          Working...
          X