Automatic power adjustment Maruzen M1100 shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic power adjustment Maruzen M1100 shotgun

So, like a lot of users on here I'm sure, I absolutely love my Maruzen M1100 shotgun - primarily for its ability to load the shells with anywhere between 1-10 BBs (theoretically). This allows it to function like a real shotgun, either being loaded with buckshot or a single, powerful slug round - something other airsoft shotguns can't do. However, a small problem is that the output power of the shotgun is fixed, and thus you must propel a 10BB "buckshot" round with the same energy as a 1BB slug round - and both have to be 350fps and under, leading to a underpowered "buckshot" round if you use the maximum 10BBs - in fact, it's likely that not all BBs will leave the shell and you'll probably "stovepipe" as there's not enough energy left to cycle the bolt properly. This is frustrating as I believe the Maruzen has a lot more potential, and would like to be able to fire a 400FPS slug round at long range and still be able to fire as many BBs as possible when in closer quarters and reliably know they have the power to reach down those long corridors and make the target aware it's been hit. So, having said all that, I had some inspiration today and I wanted to put it to the airsoft gurus out there and see what they think:

Seeing as we can't easily change the output energy provided by the gas magazine/external rig easily from shot to shot, I was wondering if it was possible to attenuate the energy provided to the BBs in the 1-3 BB slug rounds, whilst allowing the full energy output of the gas propellant to the larger 5-10 BB buckshot rounds. If this was possible, you could set the power of the gun (through an external air rig) to provide a full 330-ishFPS to the buckshot rounds and then use special shells with an attenuated gas flow for the slug rounds, possibly by use of a valve at the rear of the shell:

Maruzen Shell Side Full.pngMaruzen Shell Side.jpgMaruzen Shell Bottom.jpg

What I was wondering is if the valve I've illustrated would actually restrict the gas flow and "power down" the shot, or if it would not do anything, or even increase the power (yikes) due to the higher pressure caused by pushing it through the smaller area of the valve, as I have no clue about fluid dynamics or how these valves work. Is there an alternative valve that would do what I've suggested? Would it be possible to print out on a 3D printer, say? Any input would be appreciated (although positive input, substantially more so ).

About the Author

Collapse

TomFahey Find out more about TomFahey
Working...
X