1911 hammer not always cocking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 hammer not always cocking.

Basically at the last game it started double pulling (known sear issue) so i did the old rebend the sear and it seems to have not helped!
    As far as im aware, its still the sear, can someone advise (and up a picture of the sear in its correct position if this is the issue)
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

As a note, ive retried it again, hammer cocks now, and either 10 odd trigger pulls or just tapping the hammer down into the safety.

Comment

Re: 1911 hammer not always cocking.

Do you have upgraded springs in this. I always seem to find this issue after installing a stronger hammer spring.

Comment

Nope. Only non stock part is the hammer and strut. But its worked fine up til now. Im convinced that its the 3 pronged sear, but i cant seem to get it sat right.

Comment

Im gonna go through lazouches disassembly and check all the bits against his video. The annoying thing is that i know my way around 1911s, but i just cant seem to get this right!

Comment

The sear itself just rests on top of everything. All bar the hammer post of course, as that needs to be inside the rear hammer housing

Comment

Hmm, is it meant to be that flat in the gun? I was taking the assumption that was an unbent one.
              Maybe. Just maybe. Gimme 5.

Comment

Just lay the sear down, making sure that you have the rear lip part inside it's little grove. Then let the hammer post lay on top of it. Put the hammer housing back on, and test before you put the pin back in the bottom. Always worked for me. However.. it's never been a full fix. I've always had to rebend the leaf sear every game or so. So it could possible be down to a work hammer, and bending the leaf sear more could just be a quick fix in the meantime.

Comment

Might just need a new one tbh, need it for tomorrow night, if i can figure out where it needs to be bent, then its not a problem as its a 30 second job after i figure it out and ill order a new one tomorrow.

Comment

Newsflash. Disconnector isnt going up properly, if i cock the hammer (as far as itll go) it works, but the slide doesnt set the hammer low enough to do this.

Comment

Comment

Middle one is exactly what i was after. Thanks. Now to see if that IS the problem.
                        Hugs ect.

- - - Updated - - -

DONE. Fixed ect. Thanks you.

Comment

Great stuff. Glad to be of help. This is a common defect unfortunately, and it is trial and error on fixing it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                          Working...
                          X