Advice required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required

OK I bought my first GBBR an M4. I took it out to night filled a mag and tried to fire it but no BB's would come out or they would just trickle out of the end. So I open the receiver up and found what I can only describe as a thick layer of thick grease on the bolt and also noticed the grease seemed to be around the breach area and a BB was just sitting there in the breach. So is this grease preventing the BB's from correct ejection from the rifle. Also what is the correct oil for the bolt area and how much should there really be in there? Next job will be to completely clean off the whole area and the barrel but what should I use? Any help from you advanced GBBR users would be highly appreciated.

Re: Advice required

There should only be a small amount of grease on any working parts and guides etc.

I'd wipe it clean and apply as much as you feel comfortable with. Adding more as required. For oil, just use a silicone one like you'd use on hair clippers.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Right bud I'd start by stripping any and all lube out of it altogether.
      What grease to use in a GBBR is a highly debated point, however how much to use is pretty much universally agreed and that is as little as possible.

All that being said, your having FPS issues and a little grease on the BBs won't (shouldn't) cause such bad FPS issues, that's likely to be nozzle/NPAS related.
      Once you have cleaned it to within an inch of its life I would start by closing off the NPAS fully and seeing what that does for you.

Comment

Cheers Lee, best buy a npas tool then so I can close this npas.

Comment

OK I have cleaned the M4 completely to dry and given it very light grease. I have just noticed when I pull back the bolt then fire the M4 the bolt is not moving backwards at all!

Comment

OK being talking to a couple of mech's on facebook, and they was asking about the trigger mech, so followed there instructions.So! OK well I don't know what I did, I though ok lets test an empty mag full of gas whilst I had the M4 open to see if the firing pin strikes the mag correctly, pulled the trigger and it emptied the mags gas straight out. So I think ok fill the mag with gas again and BB's and it just fired a full mag on semi no problem. So I don't know if I have some dodgy mags or messing with it reseated something. But as of the moment it's firing.

Comment

Did you buy it second hand? What make is it?
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostWolf Find out more about GhostWolf
              Working...
              X