1911 problem, hammer mech again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 problem, hammer mech again....

Right, really quite puzzled with my 1911 now, basically a few weeks ago it started with the whole double trigger pull, so I rebent the sear which fixed the problem for the rest of the day, and then it started again, which lead me to believe that the sear could do with replacing. So I went and bought a new sear (and disconnector) and now if I cock the hammer with the slide off it works every shot.
    BUT as soon as the slide goes on, it doesn’t work. It seems the disconnector doesn’t pop up as it should to engage the hammer sear. I am really quite confused now and really annoyed! I have 10 days to fix it, before the next game.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

When you say you're cocking it with two slide on, by racking the slide, or manually with the thumb still?

If the disconnect or isn't working properly, bend the top a little more back, then, halfway down that prong, bend it forward a little.

Comment

Re: 1911 problem, hammer mech again....

with the slide, i think i tried it by hand too with the slide on and the same.

Comment

Still most likely the disconnector.

Comment

which is what i had figured (and why i replaced it). hmm...

Comment

Definitely a TM one?

Comment

yes mate. from cripps.

Comment

Hmmm. The could well be a problem on the underside of the blowback unit. How smooth is it?

Comment

i will take some pics after work. cheers for the help ben

Comment

Apologies for the delay, left my phone at work...
                    Is it worth noting that the disconnector will not budge when i cock it using the slide then take it off, if i pull the trigger it wiggles, but i cant pull it up to the correct position.

Comment

Ah, the old trigger wiggle problem.

The problem is that the other prongs aren't bent in the right places. The strength of one works off the strength of the others if that makes sense.

Also, it means that the disconnector prong is pushing the disconnector against the frame more than it is pushing it up.

Refashion it so it has less contact, and is further down the disconnector when it makes contact

Comment

okay cheers, usually its an easy fix but its being a right awkward git this time!

Comment

This is how high it goes. Still the same, cant seem to make it work as soon as the slide goes on...

Comment

It's black? 100% sure TM ones are silver!

Comment

oh you meant the disconnector? haha, i though you were on about the sear. there is no make mentioned for this, only that its 'steel'. ill try with the old one back in later as i dont have it here with me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                              Working...
                              X