M9 firing auto when its a single shot pistol :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M9 firing auto when its a single shot pistol :(

never had a problem with my WE M9 until yesterday at a game, was firing as normal the day before.

basically when i shot the pistol in the mornig it was double firing on a single pull and then when i kept the trigger pressed in it was firing on automatic but no rounds were coming out? there was alot of gas being chucked out. but this was happening on both of my mags, one is used but the other is brand new this week? the mags were freezing after pulling them out aswell.

the pistol in a sigle shot aswell so this is throwing me off any advice will help!!!

can upload a video if needed...
    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Re: M9 firing auto when its a single shot pistol

After a small bit of investigating myself.... Not dure what this is called but it is quite worn and has a small flat spot on top? Could this be aiding my problem?

Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Anyone?
      Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Is the gun upgraded? What gas are you using?

I had similar on a TM Glock17. Upgraded hammer spring was too strong so the slide wasn't pushing back far enough to lock the hammer back. Perhaps it's related to the colder weather reducing the power of your gas which is why it has just occurred?
        “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
          Is the gun upgraded? What gas are you using?

I had similar on a TM Glock17. Upgraded hammer spring was too strong so the slide wasn't pushing back far enough to lock the hammer back. Perhaps it's related to the colder weather reducing the power of your gas which is why it has just occurred?
          The gun is stock as far as I'm aware.... Using the abbey predator green gas.

Well I had it home and kept the mags at room temp and she was fine? Stripped it apart and found nothing that out of place.

I didnt think the cold weather affected the gas and how well it performs "that much" lol
          Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Sounds hammer related, to me. It's not cocking properly. But I'm not an expert.

Video it and stick it on youtube?
            “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

http://youtu.be/Id_Gnq7l3U8

That is the same problem as mine..... From 2 minutes onwards

Is a hammer an easy replace?
              Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdizzy View Post
                http://youtu.be/Id_Gnq7l3U8

That is the same problem as mine..... From 2 minutes onwards

Is a hammer an easy replace?
                Wouldn't think you'd need to replace the hammer, but it's related to the hammer not locking back. Have you cleaned and lubed it?

Comment

Sounds like your disconnecter is FUBAR.
                  IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                    Wouldn't think you'd need to replace the hammer, but it's related to the hammer not locking back. Have you cleaned and lubed it?
                    The hamme assembly? As in all the springs and parts to it? If so, then no. Wouldn't really know what to lube and what not to lube lol

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
                    Sounds like your disconnecter is FUBAR.
                    Which part is this?
                    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=jdizzy;1232320]The hamme assembly? As in all the springs and parts to it? If so, then no. Wouldn't really know what to lube and what not to lube lol

- - - Updated - - -

Thread closed, I think?

You've not cleaned or lubed it, there's your problem right there. Get some lube, get some cotton buds, get a cloth. Get on youtube and find out how to do it. It's easy.

Good luck.

Comment

Right ok, I'll get onto that this evening!!!

Thanks Trouble
                        Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jdizzy Find out more about jdizzy
                        Working...
                        X