What Brand is my G23?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Brand is my G23?

Ok, so recently I picked up a GBB glock 23. However, I have no idea what mag's to buy as there are no maker marks on it. I'm suspecting KWA, but is there any definitive way to tell?

Re: What Brand is my G23?

I believe that only KJW have made the glock 23, KWA sell theirs as the G19.
    Which means you need KJW mags. it may also fit other TM spec mags sized for the G17 and G18, but it may not, as some people have reported the frame is a little too tight to fit.

one way to check is to see if the serial number plate can be slid back and forwards as a saftey switch. TM spec glocks have this feature, KWA spec don't.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
      I believe that only KJW have made the glock 23, KWA sell theirs as the G19.
      Which means you need KJW mags. it may also fit other TM spec mags sized for the G17 and G18, but it may not, as some people have reported the frame is a little too tight to fit.

one way to check is to see if the serial number plate can be slid back and forwards as a saftey switch. TM spec glocks have this feature, KWA spec don't.
      Serial plate has no movement, so perhaps a try it and see what fits? Surprised there's no marks, my kjw beretta had it on the grip and elsewhere.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by arrkon View Post
        Serial plate has no movement, so perhaps a try it and see what fits? Surprised there's no marks, my kjw beretta had it on the grip and elsewhere.

Just had a look at my KJW.
        You are absolutely correct, the KJW has markings on the lower. It's just the slide that has no markings. color me embarrassed .
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

No problem lol.

There is not a single bit on mine, bar the serial plate.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas? Can post some pics if you need.

Comment

On a side note:

trying to figure out why, on a full gas charge, there isn't even enough to clear a mag of rounds... Could this be down to the outlet valve?

Comment

Could be a pre ns2 Kwa glock 23 . Post up a picture of the mag / mag lips / valve

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                  Could be a pre ns2 Kwa glock 23 . Post up a picture of the mag / mag lips / valve
                  Pre ns2?

Will get some pics up when I get in from work...

Comment

Pics as requested:

Comment

That is a KSC/KWA Glock 23f. Metal slide means KWA, no trademarks means ASG (rebranded KWA). Plastic means KSC, but in that case it would have trademarks. NS2/S7 doesn't apply to Glocks, so don't worry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                        That is a KSC Glock 23f.
                        Excellent thank you.

Am I limited to ksc mags then?

Comment

KSC and KWA are the same, so they can share mags. There are also some aftermarket ones that work, but they must be KSC/KWA compatible.

Comment

The very early Kwa glocks did not have the ns2 type mags wheras the later models did . Hence there are two versions of mags for the different types . Definetly a Kwa / ksc 23c version not an asg as all the asg ones I have seen have had asg stamped on them . The 23 c model goes back nearly 10 years for the earliest versions . The earlier version has a smaller release valve compared to the later ns2 type version .
                            The glocks were the first of Kwa s guns to adapt the ns2 / system 7 .
                            the mags are not interchangeable with the earlier non ns2 glock type guns .

Comment

Any source for that? I have never encountered a 'pre-ns2' Glock, it's pretty well established that the S7/NS2 design was essentially fitting Glock style internals to other models because they performed the best, and have never had a major change. I have never seen a KSC/KWA that won't take another KSC/KWA mag, not matter how old. I know that there have been a few minor design changes that some may consider differentiate old from NS2, mainly updating the cylinder/blowback unit, but again the mags have always remained compatible. You say early KWA, but KSC had been producing current-production style Glocks since before KWA were even in the picture. Maybe you're thinking of the really old Glock 17 when KWA were independent? They sold a GBB Glock 17 that was not 100% KSC system.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

arrkon Dipped out of playing for a few years, now back, playing and also marshalling, making new friends and reconnecting with old ones. Let’s GOOOOOOOO!!!! Find out more about arrkon
                              Working...
                              X