Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG/HFC C60 Compact gas issues

Hiya,

Had this gun a month now and having a bit of a nightmare with the gas. I've used both green gas and straight propane and all it ever does is gas out. Tried warming the mags right up and still only getting 2-3 shots before it vents everywhere even with long gaps inbetween each shot.
    It seems to fire fine in all the videos on youtube, previous owner seemed to have no problems and nothing comes up if searched online, but not working at all for me... Mags are holding gas fine so unlikely to be a valve problem either. Only thing i can think of that might cause this would be the heavy slide and yet i have seen it used on 144a gas without issues.
    Considering upping the power of gas to MAPP or similar but obviously don't want to risk breaking it if there is an easier solution.

Cheers
    BM

Re: ASG/HFC C60 Compact gas issues

*BUMP* Surely someone else has had this problem??

Comment

If you have used it on 144a without a problem, surely that is your answer?

If you have a heavy slide, use a good lube so there is less friction on the moving parts. Also consider a stronger hammer spring. This will allow more gas out of the valve as it hits it harder and keeps it open for longer. Your gas consumption will suffer but you should have enough oomph to fully recoil the slide.

Comment

My gun has never been used on 144a but i have seen others being used on 144a out of the box such as in review vids etc.
        I'm not new to gas guns so it has been fully lubed etc, it has a good hammer spring and very strong recoil spring so problems there. It just vents after 2-3 shots for no apparent reason. But when it actually fires the first few shots it's flawless until it vents haha.

Comment

is the flute valve/spring ok? one of my glocks did that fire a few then vent shanaannagans and it was only half there ^^;

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
            is the flute valve/spring ok? one of my glocks did that fire a few then vent shanaannagans and it was only half there ^^;
            Haven't checked them but it happens with both my mags so wonder whether that would still be the cause?? To be honest I've tried to avoid taking mags apart in general to avoid anything going wrong haha. Took my M9's mag apart at the fill valve to stop a leak but not done anything with these new ones... What exactly would I be looking for? Not had to deal with a thumb valve before...
            Cheers
            BM

Comment

Seems more like a blowback unit/loading nozzle issue rather than the gas or mags.

Comment

this is a flute valve / rocket valve it lives in the blowback unit, as you can see both my spring and valve were...'faulty' i cant find the pair of springs picture that push it back to load ect.

anyway have a look and see if your cougar has anything wrong with it

Comment

The C60 has different internals to a KWA, but it's still worth looking for any problems with the blowback unit/loading nozzle. Could be cracked etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                    The C60 has different internals to a KWA, but it's still worth looking for any problems with the blowback unit/loading nozzle. Could be cracked etc.
                    ^^ yeh i assumed prity much all pistols has some sort of valve piston thing in the blow back bit (know the tm one is many bits in there from thoes acm kits you can buy)

Comment

Apologies for the ridiculously slow reply, back at uni currently so busy as hell haha. Won't be able to look at the gun until I go home at xmas but cheers for the help & piccys, have a much better idea of what i'm looking for now .
                      Got my hands on the old reliable Ruger Mk1 so that should see me out until the Cougar is fixed even if it has none of Beretta's finesse

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Broken Mirror Find out more about Broken Mirror
                      Working...
                      X