Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Glock 17, Slide Locking Mechanism not functioning

All,

I've got my TM Glock 17 here, recently purchased and repaired/refurbished!

Parts are as follows:

Guarder Glock 17 Frame
    Guarder Alluminium Glock 17 Slide
    Guarder Glock 17 Outer Barrel
    Guarder Upgraded Recoil Spring/Guide

The pistol fires really nicely, and very crisp. However, I've discovered an annoying problem when cocking the pistol. On the initial cocking of the pistol, the slide locks back but it doesn't hold on the catch, it just locks.. then you can push the slide forward from the back instead of pressing down the catch release.

I can't understand how the catch should spring up when racking back the slide.. I'm assuming it's something to do with a spring, but not sure where it's located or how exactly it works.. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Re: TM Glock 17, Slide Locking Mechanism not functioning

Its not to do with the slide catch. This happens when the new slide literally rides back too far and gets caught on the trigger bar/disconnector that pokes out of the hammer unit. I usually find a rubber O ring to short stroke the slide a bit.

Comment

Where abouts would I put the O-ring bud?

Comment

Pretty much you add some material to the end of recoil spring, around the guide rod, so the slide doesn't' move so far back. You can even wrap electrical tape 1-2mm thick around the guide rod, pretty much anything that makes stops the slide riding back all the way. This shows a guide rod buffer on a 1911 (clear plastic)

45ainst.jpg

You need enough material to stop the slide racking all the way, but not so much that it no longer locks back when empty - I find a 2-3mm buffer works best.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aaron-hill09 Find out more about aaron-hill09
        Working...
        X