Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing Guarder Glock 17 Frame

Guys,

I've got a heavily upgraded Glock 17 (Originally TM, now upgraded with Guarder) that I'm trying to find a replacement lower frame for with no luck.

The problem with it, is that the rear screw in the lower frame (where the trigger/hammer mech is) has ripped through the thread in the frame which has made it crack. Therefore, the rear trigger/hammer mech is loose and moves around slightly.

The pistol fires fine, but I know in the long term it'll cause a problem.

SO, as I cannot for the life of me find a new frame in stock for the next 3 weeks, just wondering if you guys have any ideas to fix the frame? I'm thinking some sort of clever adhesive/filler that I'll be able to repair it with, to allow me to screw it down?

Thanks

Re: Repairing Guarder Glock 17 Frame

I know what you mean. I've got a glock guarder frame here in my spares draw that I'd intended to use, but I've heard that a few people have issues with them and trying it out it seems a bit rough around the edges.

Perhaps there was some sort of quality control problems on the production run? You're probably better off trying to source a polymer frame from another TM or Meister or something? I'd imagine you can pick one of them up for a reasonable price.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Re: Repairing Guarder Glock 17 Frame

I'm unable to find just a frame anywhere which is causing me great frustration as at the moment I'm just waiting for it to break and there's nothing I can do!

If anyone's got any ideas of where to find a frame in stock in the UK, if appreciate that!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aaron-hill09 Find out more about aaron-hill09
      Working...
      X