WE M4 bolt stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M4 bolt stuck

ok, new problem.....the bolt (or is it the bolt carrier? the heavy metal outer bit) is stuck, it nearly goes all the way forward but stops about a cm short. Because of this the back of the bolt sticks out just enough to stop me separating the upper and lower receiver so i cant see whats blocking it.

forward assist nudges it a bit but not enough.

any ideas?

Re: WE M4 bolt stuck

Check your nozzle (the black plastic bit inside the bolt) is where is should be and square.

If this has twisted the bolt will not go forward.

Also check your "breech chamber" for chopped BBs as they will also stop the bolt going forwards.

If all else fails, slacken your stock tube nut, undo your stock tube and take the both out from there. Open the gun and check for the issue.

Comment

nozzle and bolt all seem to be aligned properly, no bb's.

i already have the stock off but eh bolt wont come out of the back, gets most of the way then stops tho doesn't feel like its jammed just like its not possible to come out that way.

Comment

FENRIR is incorrect, you cannot simply remove the stock tube and slide the bolt out of the back of the receiver as the gas key (well, it's not really a gas key, as it's not a real AR - but thats the best thing to call it), cannot possibly pass the back of the charging handle, or through the back end of the receiver.

Check for obstructions in front of the bolt, and damage to the plastic nozzle assembly thats stopping it going into battery.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

Nozzle square?
          Bolt free?
          Stock tube removed?

Last chance saloon......

Remove both body pins after trying to cock the hammer. If that doesn't free it all off, remove the barrel nut / delta ring. There should then be nothing stopping the the bolt from coming forwards unless the trigger mech is somehow broke and blocking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
          FENRIR is incorrect, you cannot simply remove the stock tube and slide the bolt out of the back of the receiver as the gas key (well, it's not really a gas key, as it's not a real AR - but thats the best thing to call it), cannot possibly pass the back of the charging handle, or through the back end of the receiver
          Good point, well presented!!!!

Comment

not sure how to remove the d-ring, is this a twisty thing?

Comment

In an ideal world you will have a special tool. An armourers wrench. In the absence of that, plumbers slip joint pliers or mole grips will do the job nicely.

You need to pop off the front hand guard to expose the pointy star shape internals of the Delta ring. You need to grip these as the actual spring loaded ring is free floating and will spin all day without having any effect.

Comment

silver bar above the barrel seems to be in the way of it turning

Comment

Gas rod on the real thing..... Just for looks on airsoft.... Even GBBRs.

You will need to remove your front sight as this is what holds the rod in place.

There should be 2 pins on the underneath of the sight that need knocking through. There should be a grub screw too, possibly hidden under the front sling mount. That may need the pin knocking through too in order to expose the grub screw.

Comment

Basically the point FENRIR is trying to make (as far as I can tell) is dismantle the whole gun around the bolt until it comes out :P
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                      Basically the point FENRIR is trying to make (as far as I can tell) is dismantle the whole gun around the bolt until it comes out :P
                      Errr, yeah......... That would seem to be the path we are walking down!

Comment

It's an approach that's worked for me more than once!

Sent from outer space
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

alright! :D making progress - having totally pulled it apart i have the bolt free, cant obviously see what the issue is but i dont think the nozzle is sitting in the carrier properly - dont think its going in as far as it should which was what was causing the jam.

if i try to push it inside the carrier it goes a fair way easily and then a bit more with a feeling like its scratching its sides on something and then it stops with about 2cm or so sticking out the front.

tried taking it out, comes most of the way (i can see the o ring) but then stops coming - didnt want to try and force it out in cas i was missing something i needed to do

Comment

1. Turn the bolt on its side (forward assist groves face down)
                            2. You should see a small plastic rectangle near the front of the bolt (this is one of the nozzle guides)
                            3. Remove it with a watchmakers screwdriver or similar.

4. Turn the bolt to its upright position as it sits in the gun.
                            5. Use a screwdriver to remove the roller bearing arm assembly (flat blade if not been messed with)
                            6. Now use a small Phillips driver to remove the top nozzle guide.

7. Lay bolt on side with forward assist groves face up.
                            8. In amongst the groves you will see a pin, knock this through.
                            9. Withdraw nozzle from bolt carrie.

There should be a nice, even, in tact spring attached to the plastic nozzle still.

Check all for damage and wear and lube up. I prefer gun oil over greases for luring my GBBRs

To rebuild: look down the bolt carrier and you will make out a small cutting in the back, this is where the spring's eyelet needs to fit in order for the pin to pass through to hold it in place.

1. Simply align the nozzle so the eyelet is square to the cutting (even if the nozzle is not square to accomplish this)
                            2. Push the nozzle in whilst holding the bolt up to a light and looking through the pin hole.
                            3. if you are slow enough, you should make out the spring eyelet passing the pin hole.
                            4. Replace pin (pointed end of pin entering from smooth side of bolt so it rests near forward assist grooves)
                            5. Twist nozzle to its square position and refit nozzle guides.

Hope this helps

Comment

having removed the nozzle theres a spring at the end of the carrier looking a bit mangled,

looking inside the nozzle i can see a single spring loop on the pin - looks like it broke.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                              Working...
                              X