Propane v Green Gas Pros+Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane v Green Gas Pros+Cons

Hi guys, sorry if there is already a thread similar to this, but just wondering what the benefits and disadvantages of these 2 gasses are?
    Thanks in advance
    Grimmy
    sigpic

Re: Propane v Green Gas Pros+Cons

Green gas is basically propane but with added lube. (silicone)

Pros and cons of green gas:
    Cheap,
    Good for metal slide guns,
    but you need to an adaptor (airsoft innovations make one)
    And you need to lube the gun after every 5 mags or so, as well as the mag itself.

Pros and cons of Green gas:
    Readily available from most airsoft retailers,
    With the added lube, maintains your gun well,
    However, rather expensive for a can of the stuff, way more than propane.

This is what I can think of at the moment, feel free to add more or whatever. - This is just the key pros and cons.

Comment

EDIT : ^ beat me too it!

green gas IS propane, but with a bit of silicone in there

Green:

Pros: allready contains lubrication
      cons: expensive to buy

Propane:

Pros: alot cheaper to buy
      cons: requires you to add silicone oil and a special adapter to use on the bottles (although this is like £15 and comes with oil too)
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

ahhh okay guys thanks for that, cleared things up :D, i dont seem to be able to find propane except for stupidly large sized bottles :P
        sigpic

Comment

Humn I dont have much experience is gas but I will stick to green gas. I wanted to try propane but I dont even known where to buy it and how to add silicon to it.
          I will shoot you all.

Comment

I find propane readily available compared to green gas. Propane is used mostly for camping and soldering/heating. You'll find it on your local DIY shop, camping, motor factors and even on your favourite catalogue shop starting with "Ar_ _ _".
            However, I buy mine from a well known auction site as I find it the cheapest.

The adaptor comes with an instruction manual and a silicon dropper. It's very easy to do you can even look it up on youtube on how it is done.

The pros of propane is that it comes in a strong thick container which is very hard to puncture and very safe for storage or transportation with all your gear whilst most green gas comes in cheap tin containers. One of the con of propane that is not mention above is that it smells really BAD and sometimes the smell sticks in your gun.
            If you can put up with the smell, I'd recommend Propane.

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grimmy Find out more about Grimmy
            Working...
            X