What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong?

Just received my gen 3 TM glock 17 with 4 mags.

I'm filling them up but it takes ages and I can't shoot a full mag of bb's without the gas running out first. and when inserting the gas it's like it's just coming right back out the fill valve?

I had an we m9 before this and the mags filled up and went silent just like a lighter?

Can anybody shed any light?

Thanks
    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Re: What am I doing wrong?

It is getting colder now, keep the mags warm like your pockets and they should work fine.

Fill your mags inside where it is warm (open a window though) and keep them warm on site.

Don't put them on radiators as someone else I know did and caused the O rings inside to deform.

Curlyboy
    'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

As for the 'leaking', that is actually just the air being displaced from the magazine as you fill it. The lack of an o-ring helps, as it allows you to fill the magazine much more so than one with an o-ring as you'd still have air in there.

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy View Post
        It is getting colder now, keep the mags warm like your pockets and they should work fine.

Fill your mags inside where it is warm (open a window though) and keep them warm on site.

Don't put them on radiators as someone else I know did and caused the O rings inside to deform.

Curlyboy
        Hey man, I was filling them Inside when this is happening.

I'm putting the gas through the fill valve and it's just forcing the gas back out?

Surely the cold can't make it do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by REMSoft View Post
        As for the 'leaking', that is actually just the air being displaced from the magazine as you fill it. The lack of an o-ring helps, as it allows you to fill the magazine much more so than one with an o-ring as you'd still have air in there.
        Ahh I see, which o ring? The one in the fill valve?
        Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

there are two basic types of fill valves ,one type has an "O" ring you can see in the end and gives an absolute seal with the filler neck , this type will not expel the gaseous gas from the mag when filling with liquid gas , it rely's on compressing the gaseous gas inside and will never give a complete fill.
          the other type has no visible "O" ring and will vent the gaseous gas out of the mag valve while filling and when totally full will spit liquid gas out the top .
          i prefer the latter type as you know the mag is full when it spit's , the first type you never know weather it's really full or not , plus if you'r gas can is empty you know as the valve will never spit liquid gas and i think most of us have been caught out by a can of gas that feels like there's a little left but actually it wont fill the mag as there's either not enough pressure for more than 2-3 shots or what you can feel when you shake it is actually left over lube not gas.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
            there are two basic types of fill valves ,one type has an "O" ring you can see in the end and gives an absolute seal with the filler neck , this type will not expel the gaseous gas from the mag when filling with liquid gas , it rely's on compressing the gaseous gas inside and will never give a complete fill.
            the other type has no visible "O" ring and will vent the gaseous gas out of the mag valve while filling and when totally full will spit liquid gas out the top .
            i prefer the latter type as you know the mag is full when it spit's , the first type you never know weather it's really full or not , plus if you'r gas can is empty you know as the valve will never spit liquid gas and i think most of us have been caught out by a can of gas that feels like there's a little left but actually it wont fill the mag as there's either not enough pressure for more than 2-3 shots or what you can feel when you shake it is actually left over lube not gas.
            That explains is perfect

If I left it on a lot longer the gas started spurting out the fill valve rather than air.
            Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jdizzy Find out more about jdizzy
            Working...
            X