Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

KJW G23. New Guarder Spring Guide does not fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW G23. New Guarder Spring Guide does not fit?

I recently bought a second hand KJW G23 only to find it wasn't feeding properly and required a manual cocking after every shot. I decided to try installing a KJW G19/G23 Guarder recoil spring guide set, but it won't fit properly.

As you can see from this picture - http://i.imgur.com/uYtNjJk.jpg, the original has a tab thing on one end to hold it in place and a groove on the other end to line it up with the barrel.

The new, Guarder one has neither of these - http://i.imgur.com/agWKYrp.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/4jCq0co.jpg

The Guarder one does stay in place, but it doesn't stay completely lined up because it's just resting there. When I rack the slide with it installed there's a horrible scraping noise because the three parts of the spring guide assembly aren't perfectly lined up.

I've tried lubing it all up but the problem is just keeping it in place.

I don't know why they would design it like this. And it's a popular upgrade part for this gun, I'm not sure why it's only me that seems to be having problems with it.

Any ideas?

Re: KJW G23. New Guarder Spring Guide does not fit?

It's designed like most Glock recoil spring guides, and just sits there in place between the hop unit and the slide face. The noise is made by the machine marks on the guide rod (almost like ribbing) that comes into contact with the clip that holds the spring to the rod - it's a but weird sounding, but mine functioned perfectly.

By the way, if the pistol won't reload itself, a tougher spring won't help. It's probably a hammer/valve knocker issue.

Comment

Thanks. It's significantly louder than it was before. I thought I'd check in case it would damage it. If I pull it back myself when it's out of the gun, it doesn't do it.

I assumed recoil spring for the problem because it didn't seem to be going back far enough. Would something like this be more likely to fix the problem? http://tinyurl.com/nq6eqlg

Comment

If the slide isn't going back far enough, a new spring isn't a good idea really as it puts extra stress on the slide. Firstly I would check the blowback unit in the slide- they can crack quite easily resulting in poor blowback. For this you should take it out of the slide and inspect it. Next to look at is the hammer/valve knocker, if not that then the magazine. Actually, the first thing I'd do is shoot it without the slide on. If the valve is opened and all the gas shoots out of the magazine, it's probably a problem in the slide, or the knocker isn't resetting.

Comment

I just fired it without the slide. The magazine completely vented it's gas.

Comment

Ok, well that means that the magazine is fine, and the valve knocker is intact. Next I would, again with the slide off (magazine out), cock the hammer manually, fire it so the mechanism is at rest, then cock it by hand again. After you recock the hammer, press the sear reset - this is a little blade that stick out next to the hammer. It should click and stay down, and the valve knocker that is still sticking out into the magwell should fly back, until it's inside the hammer unit and out of view. If this all happens, the problem lies in the slide. If the valve knocker stays in place, sticking into the magwell, once you recock the hammer and reset the sear, then it's a hammer problem.

Comment

Thanks for all that, that's really helpful. The knocker does fly back when I press the sear reset. So I guess it's a slide problem. What tends to go wrong in the slide? Would it be the actual blowback unit maybe? The muzzle? I guess I'll have to pay to get it sorted.

Comment

It would be the loading nozzle cracking normally, I have seen this in a few Glocks. It usually cracks around the top, which is hidden in the slide. if not that, it could be the plastic valve that sits inside etc. - either way, a good inspection of the loading nozzle should reveal the issue. Also, what gas are you using?

Comment

Cool. Are they easy to get out? I've dismantled my TM P226 before without too much trouble. Although that was a plastic slide. I'm using Zero One Pro Gas. Which is just propane based/green gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Crow View Post
                    Cool. Are they easy to get out? I've dismantled my TM P226 before without too much trouble. Although that was a plastic slide. I'm using Zero One Pro Gas. Which is just propane based/green gas.
                    Fart gas more like. As cheap as it is, it isn't the best gas for functionality. I've had one good can from about 20 or so

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
                      Fart gas more like. As cheap as it is, it isn't the best gas for functionality. I've had one good can from about 20 or so

I disagree. Their old gas a few years back was very bad, but the Pro Gas is just Abbey Ultra with a new label. Must have bought over 50 bottles and its just as consistent as Abbey gas, becuase it is Abbey Gas. Great for TM guns, but you might want something with more punch for a KJW. It is less powerful than green gas.

And to what you said earlier, its the easiest gun in the world to take apart Just undo the screw under the slide abd the parts fall out.

Comment

Cool. I'll try taking it apart today then and see if I can spot anything. Thanks a lot.

Comment

You're right, that was easy. No problems visually - http://i.imgur.com/MrEiYVC.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/V4BuqIk.jpg

I lubed up the internals a bit more and it seems to get through a few more shots. The slide also does not stay back after the last shot. As if it just isn't kicking back far enough.

Comment

Get some proper green gas, or guarder black gas - that should have enough power. I would also run the standard recoil spring.

Comment

What about this? http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2382

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joe_Crow Find out more about Joe_Crow
                              Working...
                              X