Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marushin Anaconda Wooden Grips?

Hi peoples,

Just a quick question. Getting my first revolver at the weekend, understand it has plastic grips, and Id very much like to replace them with a set of wooden ones.

Found plenty on ebay, but have no idea if they fit. I understand Tanaka ones fit real grips, but this is always mentioned as a plus for Tanaka, does this mean Marushins can't take real grips?

Re: Marushin Anaconda Wooden Grips?

Like TM revolvers, they are nothing like real ones internally, with a gas tank in the grip - this means that real grips need a lot of modification to fit them unfortunately. It can be done though - you ideally need a wood milling machine and a lot of patience to hollow the grips out. There was a guy on another forum who made some, I'll try and find it. It wpuld be worth doing though if you can spare the money/time - not sure about the Anaconda, but Marushin 'wood effect' grips are notoriously terrible.

Here are some pictures of the one I was talking about:

Comment

Re: Marushin Anaconda Wooden Grips?

Darn, thats what I was afraid of. Oh well! Annoyingly Marushin made a wood grip for it, but that was a long time ago!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
      Working...
      X