Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 grip without a iron sight

hello,

id like to get a new shorter barrel for my m4 however atm the piece of circle metal that holds the end of the handgrip in place is itself held by the iron sight which is pinned on.

If i got a shorter barrel and didnt have the iron sight - what can i use to hold that end plate in place? Idealy id like something as thin as possible as im going to have a solencer on the end and id like as little space between teh handgrip and teh silencer as possible

2013-11-29 18.46.16.jpg

Re: m4 grip without a iron sight

you'll need a free float rail, one that uses the barrel nut to mount the rail to the body, you could use a cut down gas block, or a fold down vltor gas block, but it looks weird imo

Comment

aawww damn, a whole new rail?

Comment

you could use this to back up to the end cap

- - - Updated - - -

cheapest way is to cut off the triangle....

smaller still is the noveske gas block, but its not really designed for that....

sell your rail and buy a Daniel defense mk18 or something similar

Comment

cheers, i think ill go for a new guard - however this raises another question - ppl who sell them dont seem to mention anything about compatibility - i assume pretty much any guard will fit onto a we m4?

Comment

not 100% up on we M4's but I bet it will be fine, someone will pipe up soon though to confirm

Comment

dont want to spam the forum much so ill add this question here;

I am looking for a shorter barrel about 180 -185mm , first of all would a 6.01 diam be too tight if im going to be using full auto or would it be just fine?

secondly, how can i tell if a barrel is ok for gas? (some specify they are aeg barrels)

Comment

personally I'd say a .01 would be tight for FA, .03 would probably be as low as I'd dare go. Plus a .01 will need a LOT of regular cleaning... Not sure on the gas front, as I only use gbb pistols

Comment

Buy a we rifle compatible barrel, there are plenty about

No need to go tighter than 6.04 really either.

A lot of rails state whether they are WE gbb compatible, generally rs ones are compatible I believe

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                  Working...
                  X