Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marui MEU Problem

Hi all.

Well, I never really expected to experience problems so early on with my recently purchased Tokyo Marui MEU, considering the praise that these lovely little pistols get from pretty much anyone who has ever used one.

Unfortunately, after loading up some mags and giving it a blast, I have noticed a rather frustrating problem straight away and can't figure out what the cause might be.

The pistol seems to fire wonderfully - for the first shot. The problem is that between working shots, the gun seems to not want to do anything when I squeeze the trigger.

The typical scenario I'm talking about is this:

First pull of the trigger - fires fine.
    Second pull - absolutely nothing, it's like I'm pulling the trigger while the gun is unloaded and uncocked.
    Third pull - back to working fine again.
    Forth pull - Continues with not wanting to work.
    etc.

Keep in mind that it does not always strictly follow this pattern - sometimes I will get a couple/few working shots between the non-functioning ones.

This is my first GBB pistol so I am totally lost as to what could be causing this.

I took the magazine out and tried cocking and dry firing the gun, noticing that the problem seems to emerge if I pull and return the slide SLOWLY and softly rather than sharply. The trigger seems to do nothing on the first squeeze, and then functions normally on the second.

Something clearly is wrong and I'll be damned if I know what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Marui MEU Problem

This is the spring in your trigger mech not returning the trigger back properly. I had the exact same problem in mine and sent it off to FS who fixed it cheaply.

The other issues might be caused by the blowback unit getting in the way of the slide and not letting it move properly. That's the other issue I had.

Any shop should be able to fix it if you send it off mate =]

Hope this helps
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Good to hear I'm not the only person who's had this issue with their MEU, heh.

However I'm a bit confused at why it seems to fire absolutely fine when I cock the pistol sharply and positively, but the problem emerges when I do it slowly and hesitantly. Doing the latter will cause it to not function on the first shot. Are we definitely speaking about the same problem here?

I'll most likely take your advice anyway and send it off somewhere to be fixed.

Cheers for the help.

Comment

Yeha I have this on mine..

I find rapid fire isnt that effected tho!

Comment

Absolutely, I found this also. Which made it frustrating when my friends would fire a few quick shots, then hand it back to me saying "there's nothing wrong with it".

Comment

Sounds like the disconnector. Disconnects the trigger from sear making it impossible to fire auto. It sounds as though it is slow in returning to battery position leaving the trigger temporarily disconnected. It is pushed down by the action of the slide recoiling and returns on slide lock up. A safety feature in real pistols, I had one once, boo hoo!!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reptile Find out more about Reptile
            Working...
            X