Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE AK74UN RIS Handguard capability

Hey guy!

Got a question here. I am looking for a ris handguard to replace the original one on WE AK74UN. Anybody can give me a piece of advice? Thanks a lot!

BTW, will this fit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190867829971

Re: WE AK74UN RIS Handguard capability

Any joy with this ?
    I'm looking for the same things ... I haven't found anything yet but I'm willing to work on something that's close in order to make it fit.
    Vector Optics do something that looks like it might fit.

Cheers, P.

Comment

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...&view_choice=c

Here s one of the ideas of getting one ris to your 74u. Just an idea but I didnt test it. I bought the cyma one and made some works. It fits but not that well. The ris is little tilted to the horizontal barrel due to the mis-design of the screws which stop the ris from moving front n back. Here s what I did

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...00003020873986

Comment

Ive just ordered one from here: a shop online
        It looks like the vector optcs or utg one. I'm cheap and went for the free delivery so it might take a month or 2 to get to me.

I also ordered a rail which fits on the back cover. .... and a new pistol grip ... and the recoil buffer spring / heavy rod / hephastus trigger set / potato foregrip ... lol this guns getting a lot of love from me !!

Comment

Two different retailers in this thread. Good job guys! -.-

Comment

The problem with the Cyma Samson Arms RIS is that it avoids all possible patent infringment, in the process making itself an absolute bitch to fit properly. Holes that should be threaded are drilled thru over diameter so that it is non recoverable etc.

In the end I got it onto a Cyma AKS74u by machining a fake gas tube, and then tightening grub screws onto that, then tightening more onto the outer barrel.
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

This was a complete beeyatch to get on. But its on tight enough to handle from the grip with zero wobble.I had so much filing and dremeling to do. I still need to smooth off some rough edges and spray black the parts that are cut and silver, but I'm liking the end result. Its what I had in mind. Ive got a U47 grip on there. I plan to further defile this iconic gun by adding a top rail. Ive got a few options, but I'd like to keep the rear sight where it is. I baught a new top cover but the stamped steel of the WE is just too nice to change so I'll chop a rail I have and somehow mount it behind the rear sight. The stamped steel is so nice I got a PMC mag to use in there aswell. Internally Ive put in some RA-tech bits for increased recoil - so overall its a sweet little gun.

20140202_214516a.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aleeeexander Find out more about Aleeeexander
              Working...
              X