TM Glock 17 Salient Arma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Glock 17 Salient Arma

So, after much searching...I finally got one of these Airsoft Surgeon Salient Arms kits...unfortunately, it appears to have turned my gun into a wall hanger.

It fires only about four/five shots - after this it seems to continue to cycle but not pick up rounds. I have replaced the recoil spring and put upgraded flow valves in, but still no luck. Hoping someone can suggest what the problem is? Or failing that, point me to someone on here who is a pistol tech? Thanks in advance

and yes, it should say Salient Arms...not arma in the title...I mistyped
    Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
    There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
    sigpic

Re: TM Glock 17 Salient Arma

Blowback unit is worn. New unit
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Just pop a new blowback unit in or it could require the slide fettling a bit to enable smooth operation

Comment

Thanks for the replies...dumb question alert...by blowback unit, you guys mean the section at the rear of the slide, recoil valve etc?

and thanks again

nos periclitor proprius

sigpic

Comment

no, I mean the plastic thingee, some call it the gas chamber or blowback unit or blowback nozzle? cock the gun back, the large piece of plastic that springs back is what picks up the BBS and also what fires them. If you look on the bottom of the nozzle their is a tounge that picks up the next BB, put a magazine in and move it forward slowly, you will see what I mean. The tounge has worn down sufficinently that its not picking up a BB each time. You need a new one. About 8 quid.
          -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

@the_monkey, is that not the loading nozzle? the bbu is the bit that fits into? (I'm not sure please correct me if thats wrong)

If its a loading nozzle you need 'Q' I have a spare one for sale.

Comment

Mango, you are correct. Diffrent manafacturers reffer to it by diffrent names. There is a picture but tis on another website...their is only ZOULLLL

Comment

Well, I have replaced the nozzle and the piston...and even tried a co2 magazine, still only five or six shots before it hangs up...not sure what to try next

nos periclitor proprius

sigpic

Comment

Have a look at the bottom of the blow back unit, towards the rear of it, there is a small ramp that resets the hammer. On mine, I had to very carefully polish this down to allow everything to cycle and feed properly.

At one stage the gun cycled correctly when dry fired, but as soon as the BB's were loaded, the friction required to load a BB stopped everything feeding.

You and I seem to have a scarily similar taste in pistols, first USP Matches, and now the Salient G17!

Later daze

Lee

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Q Find out more about Q
                  Working...
                  X